salty

Sep 3, 2004
Hi everyone,
I am relatively new to this forum and am looking for some info on some good trails to ride. I have ridden around st. helen and houghton lake a few times but I am looking to expand.
I tried 61 today, what a disaster area, nothing but whoops sand and quad ruts, is there any trails that are mostly dirt or are they all sand and whoops??
I just got back into riding and have discovered I cant ride like I did when I was 21 lol. So I am looking for some trails to ride my bike through not fight it through.
Any help is appreciated.
Walt

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Welcome back to the dirt bike world. It just doesn't get out of your system, does it?

If you haven't looked at the DNR site for a trail listing, you should do so. Here's a link:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/cfa/LR/motorcycle/trails.html

Unfortunately, you'll have a tough time not finding whoops in Michigan since the state is just a big glacier beach anyway. Sand = whoops. There are trails better than others. I'd suggest trying some of the trails near the west side of the state that have an ORV loop next to it. This tends to keep the 4 wheelers off of the motorcycle trail. Little Manistee, Lincoln Hills, and Tin Cup Spring are some examples. They are NOT going to be whoop free but have good stretches on them.

Good luck, and I hope you can make some of the rides that get set up in this area.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The further north you travel, the better the trails. The trails in the Wolverine area are the best in the lower pennisula, but anytime the trails widens, the speeds will increase, and the whoops will form.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
fatherandson said:
The further north you travel, the better the trails. The trails in the Wolverine area are the best in the lower pennisula, but anytime the trails widens, the speeds will increase, and the whoops will form.

Shhhhhh!!!!! bite your tounge...

What Fatherandson meant to say is that "The trails in the Wolverine area are the WORST in the lower pennisula"

You people keep giving out all our secrets and we will have no good trails left :|

:)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
OOPS......

What I meant to say was.....Save your gas money and go to Leota and Evart for some of the best motocross....I mean trailriding in Michigan!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
fatherandson said:
OOPS......

What I meant to say was.....Save your gas money and go to Leota and Evart for some of the best motocross....I mean trailriding in Michigan!

Evart....Shhhhhh.....There you go again!!!

Here I will help you.....

Cedar Creek. Best trail in the state :cool:

There how hard was that :rotfl:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Salty - as you are saying you rode St. Helen, and Houghton Lake (Leota? West Higgins?) and 61 (Gladwin) I take it you are on the east side of the state?

West Higgins is not to whooped out at all at least now. If you head north from 61 - try the Atlanta area for some easier stuff - lots of wide "route" with many "trail" options zigging back and forth across the route. Mio is not to whooped right now (some rocky sections though). LMK if you head up this way, I would be glad so show you some local trails.

Top Bottom