miracle

Jan 18, 2006
Hello I am not really sure if anyone there could help or point me in a direction to find someone to help. There is a very special boy in the St Louis Barnes Hospital that needs a miracle. Shortly after Christmas my nephew Cody who is 11 was diagnosed with a brain tumor. On January 17th Cody underwent 18 hours of brain surgery only to discover that the tumor can not be removed due to the texture of the tumor. It has a fiber like coating that has caused it to twine into his brain. When Cody woke up from his drug induced coma he told his mom it was okay he is ready to die. I want to give him something to smile for something to know that there are a lot of people out there who care about him. If you know of any local riders who could sign a poster, send him a card anything to put a little hope in his life. Due to the surgery it will be several years before he can smile because the doctors had to cut through muscles in his neck and it affects the ones that help you smile. His smile is something that may never be seen again. So I want to try to put hope in his heart to live and maybe brighten his day. Thank you so much for your time.
Sheri Nilles

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Do you have an address to send stuff to? Man, he sounds like a strong kid and I'm sure we could help out with something.

miracle

Jan 18, 2006
Thanks

Hello RM Guy,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. The address of the hospital is St. Louis Children's Hospital
One Children's Place
St. Louis, MO 63110 USA
His name is Cody Strout there is also a web site to send him messages not sure why I can not put the web site on here, let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks for having a good heart!
Sheri

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Sheri, if you just post up the wesite name, even if it does not link, we can figure it out. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like to visit his site and wish him well.

miracle

Jan 18, 2006
It worked

Just a little info
His name is Cody Strout
thanks again for carying and may God bless you with happy days and good health.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That's a pretty cool service the hospital has. I just sent him something. Does he have access to eamil or the internet?

miracle

Jan 18, 2006
Cody is big into supercross, motorcross well lets just say bikes! His dad is in the AirForce and he was really looking forward to seeing the new freestyle. I visitied your website looks like a pretty nice track you have there! We used to live in Alaska and it looks similar to there. Let me know if you need any more info.

RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
I sent Cody a message today. Please keep us posted regarding Cody's progress! My thoughts will remain with you.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sheri I sent Cody a message and also sent you an email.

miracle

Jan 18, 2006
not good

:ugg: I am very sad to say we hope he makes it to february. We got very bad news today. Thank you guys so much I just am a wreck. He is only 11.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
miracle said:
:ugg: I am very sad to say we hope he makes it to february. We got very bad news today. Thank you guys so much I just am a wreck. He is only 11.
That doesn't sound good :ugg: Keep the faith and feel free to dump on us if you need to.

miracle

Jan 18, 2006
Cody

Well I just got home from spending the weekend with Cody and his family. He got a new psp so he was pretty happy. He was sitting up and talking for the first time. He has lost alot of weight for an 11 year old to be so skinny. The medication makes him really sick. They have diagnosed the brain tumor it is a stage IV Pinoblastoma. It is very rare and very hard to treat. He has gotten alot of cards and messages from people on here. Thank you to everyone he has them hanging up all over the wall. Who ever Eddie from California is who sent him the stuffed animal and the balloon he sleeps with it everyday! It is very soft and it came from a rider! So just know he loves it!! :) As far as how long he will be there and what is going on. Cody will be having two more surgeries pretty soon. He will be having a shut put in his brain and the port for his chemo. With treatment he will be very sick and if he can make it through a year of treatment five days a week he has a chance to live 3 years and that is a very slim chance. :ugg: Cody doesn't know exactly how bad the tumor is. The nurses are really good and joke with him alot! Those who have asked what Cody likes or needs he said that he wants more stocking hats, the hospital takes the children on field trips and Cody can't wear a shirt that goes over his head due to the tube in his brain so sweat shirt hoodies that zip up the front. Once again thank you to everyone who has sent him messages. Feel free to send him again. If you have any cool racing news or if you have any cool stories to tell him that would be great too! He gets alot of get well stuff and just something new and cool for him to read. Well thats it for now thanks again and God bless you all.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Sent. And he's in our prayers.

mxfan42

Jan 24, 2006
Best wishes!

Hang tough Cody!
On the hospitals web page, besides sending a greeting, you can also send balloons, stuffed animals, games, etc all done online. The balloons were only $10.50. The least I could do to help make his hospital stay a little brighter.
God Bless you and your family!!!
:)

miracle

Jan 18, 2006
Cody's Aunt

I talked to Cody's dad and he may get to come home for the weekend. He will have surgery on Monday. I don't know if anyone has done any research on Pineoblastoma there are alot of websites out there to read about it. :cool: Cody is doing as well as can be expected. He is getting the royal treatment from everyone! His surgery went very well on the 20th. They were able to go through the back of the neck which is very sore but at least he can smile. They had first told us they were going through the side of the neck and that just devistated us. I will keep everyone updated when he has his surgery for the shunt and the port. :( thank you to everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Cody needed these things to put the want to live back in his heart. If he is ever going to beat this he needs that. Thank you and God bless all of you!!

Top Bottom