Looking for a wide ratio kit for my 01 cr250

Fly20

May 1, 2001
Hi, Anybody know of anyone who has or makes a wide ratio gear kit for a CR 250? I had an IMS one once but my wife gave it away when i sold my bike.... anyway have a CR again and am looking for one.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks:mad:

Last edited:

red 450

Oct 27, 2001
You will not find one unless you can come across an old IMS kit. IMS no longer makes the wide ratio kit, they have been asked to remanufacture one but they say that they are not interested. I have been tring to hunt down a wide ratio for the CRF 450 for two months but have had no luck. One possible connection is Moser Racing in Switzerland but have had no luck contacting them. If you do a search on Yahoo or Google for a CRE 250 you will see Moser Racings product.

tmoney

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2002
Pre-01 CRs tranmission gearing?

Do previous year CR's have wider ratio gearing whose parts could be used in the 01? I'd really like a longer second gear.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I am also looking for a wr kit for my 01 CR250R. Baja Designs makes a kit for a CRF450 - does anyone know if this will work in the 250R? What about 450x or 250x gears?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
eline makes a 'multi-sport' kit for the CR250. www.elineaccessories.com

Earlier than '01 CRs are also very close ratio. You can extend each gear a little bit by putting on a smaller rear sprocket (I use a 49 rear on my '99 even for tight woods).

Someone told me the 450x 3rd 4th and 5th will work in the newest CR250, but I've only heard from one source and don't know if they will retro-fit to the ealier CR boxes.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I already have lights (still need a coil, but hey, they don't have to light up for an enduro) and the awsome e-line pipe gurad. I am playing around with the final drive raito, but really want to spread the gears out a bit more. I'll check the fishe to see if newer cr250r gears are the same as the 01. If so, then it would follow that the CRF gears might fit - in which case the CRF-X gears could be used or the Baja wide ration kit for the CRF might also be an option.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I know this thread is old but for an update - I've found a wide raito kit for the pre-02' CR250R's that is currently available - btw they also have them for the newer CR's and CRF's, but so does Baja Designs
http://madmanengineering.com/wideratio.htm

Also, I've finally ordered an E-line coil and springs of the proper rate for my weight. Next on the list are head and tail lights, a full coverage skid plate and a bigger tank (also thinking about filling the frame with fuel.....).

Top Bottom