Looking for Answer part or equivalent....

cdwallace

Feb 11, 2006
I'm looking to replace my Answer Spark Arrester for my RMX 250 but had had no luck finding anything. Does anyone know where I can look or if there is another company producing a substitute? I found J & R Krizman but there's not much out there on that company.

My only option has been to get a new FMF pipe and spark arrester and I'd like to avoid that cost and just replace what I've got. If I do have to go this route - what spark arrester does eveyone recommend for a fatty pipe?

Thanks in advance.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Normally silencers and pipes are designed such that a stock pipe can be used with the aftermarket silencer, or an aftermarket pipe with the stock silencer. You didn't mention what you were running for a pipe right now, but it should bolt up to a new FMF or Pro Circuit spark arrestor equipped silencer. Or were you just wanting the bolt on spark arrester tip? What is wrong with the Answer spark arrester you have now? If the screen is clogged, they can be cleaned.

cdwallace

Feb 11, 2006
I took a little spill dragging my fender until it broke off, bent my frame up off my air box, ripped the spark arrester off the bike along with the bracket and now it's possibly bent/kinked beyond repair. I approached a welder to try and have it fixed after I was told that they no longer make the Answer S.A. and the FMF replacement would require a new pipe. I really don't want to end up with something subpar that may have to be replaced anyhow. I believe the pipe I have is aftermarket (Answer) also. I've not gotten it back from having the frame straightened to remove the guard and verify. I don't know enough about replacing all these parts as I've never had to do so and am having to rely on what the guys at the shop are telling me so..I'm at their mercy.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Answer never made a pipe for that bike to my knowledge, in fact I don't know that they ever made a 2 stroke pipe, only silencers.

As I said, pipes and silencers are normally made such that aftermarket pipes, will bolt up to the stock silencer, or the stock pipe to the aftermakret silencer. There should be no reason to have to replace the pipe as well, a new FMF or Pro Circuit spark arrestor silencer should bolt up without any issues. On my old RM125, I had a stock silencer with DG pipe, and on my RMX I have an Answer silencer (not a spark arrestor, straight through) with a Pro Circuit RM250 pipe. Fits without any issues. I would say buy a new FMF Turbine Core S/A silencer, and bolt it on.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I'd be a rare find to run across a new let alone used Answer S/A. You might be able to find one on that aution site if you are patient and can wait a while.

FMF did at one time have a TC S/A. Give them a call or see if your shop can get one.

Top Bottom