Looking for new riding areas in central Illinios

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Motowrench
CAL,

We're planning on going to LBL around April 16 or 17 for 3 days of riding, so depending on which day we end up going, We'd definately be interested in tagging along.
Are you close to LBL? We try to get down there a few times a year, so we might be able to hook up sometime.

Good deal.  You don't want to miss the ride.  We had a ball in Nov. of last year!

I live 35 minutes from TB.  We're there almost every Saturday.  Anytime you want to come down, shoot me an email, and we'll ride.

corey@vci.net

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Kinda late to this thread but Scooby I live between Bloomington and Peoria. Unfortunately there is not much around the Peoria area. I have lost alot of areas over the last 10 years. I don't ride as much as I used to for that reason. major bummer!

scoobymx

Jan 23, 2003
Offroadr
riding areas are dropping like mad thats why I joined Dirt Riders in Oakley so I have some woods to ride in after work since it is only 5 min. away from my job.
I think I might be able to get my crew down to LBL the weekend of this big ride we always make a trip down before race season gets going any way. also we plan to go to Chadwick in southern Mo. sometime between know and then just don't have an exact date most likly in middle to late march I will post the date for anyone who is intrested when we set it
Scoobymx

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
scoobymx, post a date for your ride. A group I ride with use to go somwhere in MO every March, but it hasn't happened for the past 2 years and I was trying to revive it. Would be fun to meet up with someguys that will actually go. My only conflict is I'll br working on the Forest City Riders Hare Scramble and Enduro for Apirl 5 & 6.

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
Flyin ryan, I think I have seen you race at Fox valley off road on the 8/18 hs?(did you have a stuffed animal on your rear fender?) and arent you sponcered by moose?I am only fifteen and this is my first owning a dirtbike. I currently have a broken right wrist from riding so riding anytime soon is out of the question. I ride a 91 kdx 200 but I am in the process of exchanging it with my cuzin (jeff) at Fredette Race Products for a newer bike. I live in the Kirkland, Kingston, Genoa area inbetween Rockford and Dekalb. I am not sure if that is anywhere close to you Ryan. Do you know of any good riding spot around rockford or in wisconsin (besides Black River Falls). The only one I know of is private and only two buddies of mine and I are allowed to ride it unless we get permission(but the trains arent that great). I am hopefully going to beable to ride enduros this falls, but well see. I cant wait to get this cast off.
Benjamin

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
To bad about your broken arm! I was at the Fox Valley HS but didn't have a stuffed animal on my rear fender. I do have a support deal with Moose though. I live in Rockton, just north of Rockford. No places to ride up here, all have been shut down, except for some private tracks. There is always Byron Motosports park, but most of the woods are off limits now. Nothing in Wis either, except for Black River and Neilsville (just north of Black River).

Your friend that has the land by the river, did he ever let a club run an enduro through there? We use to run an enduro in that area and used land all over that area. Or does he ride trials? A couple of friends said they rode on some land by the Kishwaukee river a while ago.

I'm sure Jeff can get you a nice bike, I heard he's good with those KDX's! (yes I am joking, I race against Jeff at all the IL enduros)

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
Flyin Ryan I just moved out here about a year ago, so I am not sure how many enduros were held. But I have talked to the owner of the land, he was a former rider (he got too old). He is a big farmer around here. He is probably before your time but I know Fredette has race with him. He has been a Grand Champion more times than anyone can believe. He did have acouple of Enduros on his property and some other farms as well. I know one race he gave out Belt buckles as prizes and some of the younger riders threw them in the river, so that is why I think he stopped. I have been on his case to host another enduro, (even though I think there is a better chance of hell freezin' over). I wont be able to ride for 1-3 more weeks (doc said 2 months new years day), but when I get this cast off I would like to go down to Fox Valley Off Road with my cousin and practice on those hills, Maybe you could meet us there.

Benjamin

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Sounds good, let me know when you are going riding. To bad he won't let an enduro happen, I belong to a club that lost all their enduro land and have been looking ever since for land to put on another enduro, or even a Hare Scrambles. Would be nice to speak with him, maybe one day he'll change his mind.

Top Bottom