Looking for parts .... for a 1982 Husky XC 430

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Where is the best place ( other than ebay ) find Parts for a 1982 Husky XC 430.

I am looking for a set of shocks. (piggy back Ohlins )

I found a set of remore resovoir Ohlins from an earlier model. Are they much different in performance than the piggy back Ohlins?

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
Best parts supply for Husky? Check the Husky Club on the internet and the classified sections located in the rear of the popular dirt bike motorcycle magazines.

If I remember correctly, the rear shocks on the 82 WR430 were maroon body, gold reservior and black 2 part springs.

As motorcycles changed and were upgraded, so were the suspension systems. You need to find a stock 82 XC430 shock and take a number of measurements. Shocks come in different lengths, types of springs, shaft sizes etc. You might want to check with Works Performance shocks, a Husky dealer or a Ohlins dealer for further information. Be preparded to have whatever you find rebuilt. In 1983 Husky went with a longer shock, blue body and white single spring. The heaver springs were painted yellow.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
You should without a doubt contact Works Performance. They can build you what you need. It will work as good as Ohlins. Price ranges from $380 to $560
www.worksperformance.com

------------------
'00 Honda XR400
'73 Maico MC400 (most of it anyway)
'73 CZ 380
'70 Bultaco Sherpa T
Vintage Dirt Home Page

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Thanks guys, Actually I am a member of that Husky Vintage club and posted there. Also posted in Rick's Vintage Swap meet and Message board...and a whole bunch of other places. Nothing yet. I have a pair of the Blue Piggy backs, and 2 pair of the remote res. Gold colored Ohlins that I could use as trade fodder if someone wants those. I don't have the correct springs or a piggy back body to replace the broken one on that 82. So I'm posting everywhere with cash in hand until I find one! ( Or right springs so I can use those remote resovoir ohlins, or a good set of 82 ohlins) I have a Hare Scramble this weekend I would like to run that 82 in, so the Works Performance ones I ordered won't be ready by then..they say three weeks. My VOR just isn't here yet and I sold my 1998 Husky WR360...maybe Its time to be a pit stop helper or run a BMX bike....

[This message has been edited by weimedog (edited 02-05-2001).]

Sep 22, 2000
Weimedog, call Halls Huskys and GAS=GAS.
Huge inventory of old and new Husky stuff.He will have the oe shocks in stock.217-789-0107
SPRINGFIELD,IL--TUES-SAT. 9:00 TO 6:00.Ask for JAY or RAY. UPS daily. JOHN 3:16

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Thanks! You know I never thought to call them. I used them for my 1998 WR360 and they are great. Never thought about shocks though..I will call them

Thanks again

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
Halls Husqvarnna is not great. For parts and service they are OUTSTANDING. There's always shops around if you just look. Been there, done that.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Looks like those parts are available. Hall's doesn't have any of that suspension stuff any more. They also don't have the spring rates handy either. But they are will to spend time doing the research. Good folks.

The following places DO have that era suspension parts in stock. Both new and used.

Toy Tech in Grantville PA 717-469-2402
The guy is named Scott Fetterolf. He bought out stock from another dealer. He also collects and has first hand knowledge.

PVP in Louisville Kentucky. 502-634-9774
The guy is named Andy Hardin. He also is knowledgable. They have parts new and used.

Vintage Husky in San Marcos CA. 760-744-8052
They focus more on the older 70's era husky's but has used stuff laying around for the later model Huskies.

I got a few email hits but from a couple of dealers, but they never got real.

So I 've found the stuff....and some more good contacts. And..KTM/MAICO you are exactly right. The chassis design changed for the 1983 models. Those blue ohlins on the 83/84 series Huskies are too long for earlier. Also since the 83/84 chassis had a more severe angle and moved the shock further forward the springs are too stiff for average folks. I have a bunch of the blue Ohlin stuff...can't use them. ebay here we come.

[This message has been edited by weimedog (edited 02-07-2001).]

Top Bottom