caleb99

Sep 6, 2014
im an exsperienced rider that knows how to take care of a bike but going throw hondas and kawasaki and seeming to fix them more then rideing im done so im looking for a 250f of some kind that will be strong and dependant that i can rely on. i race and im about a intermediate rider but on my bikes im very hard on so i need a bike that can take the abuse of a guy strong on the clutch and motor. ive herd yamahas motors are good but not sure i will take any advise i know alot about hondas but i need a dependant bike now that can take the abuse of a day out on the track 2-3 times a week.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
My suggestion is to figure out why you are so hard on the bikes you have.

Give us some more information., First off, how old were your old bikes?
What model of bikes did you have?
When your bikes fail, what goes wrong?
How big / heavy are you?
Are you crashing and breaking the bike, or is it just wearing out?
Just how often did they break down?

Dirt bikes will take an enormous amount of abuse but you do have to maintain them and fix the things that break. The harder you ride and the more you crash the more things will need to be replaced or repaired. It is just the way things go.

A bike with a lower performance, low compression engine can run forever without needing a rebuild, as long as the oil is kept fresh. A high compression race engine, on the other hand, wears out fairly quickly. It is the price you pay for performance. Many people plan on doing a top end rebuild every 100 hours, and a serious racer will do it even sooner than that.

If you are having suspension failures then perhaps your bike simply isn't set up properly for your weight.

If your bike is 20 years old and having just one thing break after another then the answer might be a newer bike rather than a different brand.

Rod

caleb99

Sep 6, 2014
well i had a 2003 kx 125 that is just one problem after another and also a 2004 crf250 that we would have blow up on us 5 hours after a new rebuild (blew up 6 times) nd then the other is a 92 cr 250 but that is just an old bike and i understand why its haveing troubles but I'm looking for a bike thats just know to have all around good performance and strong life im 15 and a 140 pounds i dont crash that often but i just love to use the clutch (comeing from a big 2 smoker) i need one that can just take the abuse of a everyday ride without haveing to do maintence after each day out on the track i understand like oil and air filter is a everyday thing but i mean haveing to fix big problems that will eventually add up to break the bank.

Top Bottom