• run to nearest exit!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • go get wendys insteed>

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

biglou

I think your location has a lot to do with it. I've seen some pretty high prices depending on where you are. Here in the midwest, they are pretty pricey as they are very popular. Personally, I would think you could get close to that price on a new '03 if you shopped around a bit. If you are serious, call Mike Kruger at Cyclezone KTM. www.cyclezonektm.com . He does ship and should have a very competetive price. There is also a reputable dealer in CO that Rodzilla has mentioned, but I can't remember the name.

PaulXR

Jul 29, 1999
The MXC just to not sell as well around these parts, N. Alabama. (Heck areound the US the MXC sales are way lower.) $5800 for a new '02 400 is a very good deal, $6500 is about the lowest for a EXC you could find. $5800 then put a EXC seat/tank on it and then you are at about $6200, still a good price.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
most likey I'll go pick it up. I'd like to line up a nice trail. ride some place around where I get the bike. with a fellow "DRN'er" THAT WOULD BE KILLER!

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
Check out H&H KTM World, Barry Higgins store just outside Atlanta (770) 920-1371. They are motorcycle people, offer free shipping, no tax (if outside Georgia) and have excellant pricing. They are very direct and will tell you what they will do right up front. I got my bike from them, really a pleasure to deal with.
Good luck

PaulXR

Jul 29, 1999
I agree H&H are GREAT! I purchased a bike from them and all parts go to them also. I bet they do not have an 400 and I KNOW they would not meet that $5800 price. Get the bike, then get parts from the H&H folks!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
the bike I really want is the exc. for me range is every thing! bigger the tank the better. any of you fellers know how far you can get on a stock 400 exc vs the mxc?

01ktmmer

Jul 2, 2002
The exc and the mxc have the same tank size. The sx is the one with the small tank. As for how far you can ride, really not sure. Deends if your full throttle the whole time or just puttin. I know on my 300 mxc I can usually ride about 60 to 70 miles on a tank.

PaulXR

Jul 29, 1999
Sorry but the EXC has a 2.3 gal tank, the MXC has the 3.4 gal tank. The MXC has the shroud/tank together and the seat is a bit different also. After break in expect about 25+ MPG. Clarke makes a bigger tank also.

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
01ktmmer: your half right. the two stroke exc and mxc have the same tank, but the four stroke mxc and exc differ. i would be interested to know how much ktm charges for the fourstroke mxc tank....i bet its a mint

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
70marlin

give a call to the KTM dealer in Indian River Michigan (Rental Express is the name...find # on the KTM web site). This spring they had some great sounding prices on new KTMS including a 400 as I recall. I dont know what they have in stock now though... but i do recall prices in that range of 5800...and at least no shipping cost and perhaps a bit closer dealer to deal with.

glad to see you considering Orange! Hey - LMK if you want to ride sometime around the Atlanta area... I even ride with them Cabbage bikes from time to time! :p Maybe we can meet at the Jackpine?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
KTM Mike
Be sure to look me up at 2002 Jackpine this year. I usually am doing soundcheck so I get to meet all the riders. Kinda fun! I'm the short fat guy.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Fred - I will be sure to look you up! I will be the medium height slow guy :confused: oh...you need more detail...on a KTM...nah that dont tell ya...with motorhome? gee that pins it down.... heck with it...i will look for you...not that many guys doing sound check!

hey - will there be a gas truck there - or run your own? (PM me so we dont steal 70marlin's thread - sorry 70Marlin!)

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Hey 70Mariln, looking for a new bike eh! The KTM will be a big change from the KDX. Have fun with it if you get it. You will still have to watch out for that DRZ though:)

Brian

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
70 Marlin - I am the proud owner of a new 2002 - 400 MXC which I purchased from Cycle Shack in Conroe Texas for 5995.00 + tax. The EXC, which they did not have at the time, would have been 300.00 more. I have been thinking of changing my bike to be closer to the EXC. Although I do not currently ride enduros, that is the style of riding I prefer. The 13 tooth sprocket goes on tomorrow ...... :D I have always had Penton/KTM machines and have always enjoyed good performance and reliability.
In my opinion you will never look back, except to see if anyone is following you! ;)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
KTM Mike. steal away! will be @ the jack pine jr running saturday in pine cone I'll be there early friday ready to be put to work sat was hoping in to be a support rider for aaron. but sunday I was hoping to be helping out. as for turning in the old kdx not going to happen! jr # 1 (josh) needs a new bike will either be taking her or riding the new bike.l

Top Bottom