Loose Moose National Enduro 7/20/03

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
The UP Sandstormers has been selected to host Round Six of the AMA/FMF National Enduro Series. We're hard at work putting together some kick-butt trail, and hope a good contingent of DRN members participate! We pay points for D-16 and D-14, and we don't conflict with any D-15, D-17, D-22 or D-23 events either (so everyone from at least the Midwest should be able to make it!).
We will be having a Kid's Enduro on Saturday, July 19. This is a great way to get your kids to try their hand at Enduro! We've a pretty easy 15 mile loop that the kid's ride twice; the event is run with a 12 mph average. We hope to have our favorite celebrity starter again this year (HINT: his license plate reads "8 TIMES" and his initials are DB ;)), and all kids are awarded a trophy!
Check out our club Website, [L=UP Sandstormers]http://www.upsandstormers.com[/L], for more info and entry form.
Hope to see you there!
Magoo

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I am seriously considering it. Unfortunately my time keeping equipment and odo are currently "out of service"....but still, it sounds like a great ride.

Is there a minimum age for the kids enduro (Ididn't see anything on the web site)?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Wolf -

Come on up! If you haven't had a chance to ride the moon rocks in the U.P., this is your opportunity. Personally I'm treating it as just a "fast" trail ride, as this is my first enduro. And my 9-year-old son is riding the Mini Moose on Saturday - his first event as well.

You won't regret going, but you'll probably regret NOT going!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
:whiner: Looks like I'm going to miss this one too!  I really planned on riding a bunch of Nationals this year, but with the newborn, it's going to be tough to get out.  And, I'm saving my passes for DW.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Wolf,  You will find some DRN members on 27, 31 and 32.

Ryan, what number did you request?

I think TimR is afraid of a rematch with FredT.  I guess we will have to wait until October and the bikes with lights race at DW.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Originally posted by FlyinRyan
Haven't been up there in a couple of years, are you still running the Mountain section?
Absolutely we'll be using the Mountain Section! That's one of the best parts of the Loose Moose Enduro (as are the Moon Rocks)!
Magoo

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Smit-Dog, link doesn't seem to be working...
Don't give too many teasers, we like to keep 'em guessing! ;)
Magoo

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Links should be working now....

Webshots does not allow direct inline image linking, so I was referencing my personal Comcast site for the images, but Comcast's uptime is sporadic at best. And on top of it, the IMG tag evidently only works in some forums.

Keeps me guessing anyway!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
OK, now it says: "You do not appear to be the owner of this album. Make sure you are properly logged in."
Still no pics :(

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Sorry to be such a tease... How bad do you want it??? :debil:

Try it now.... I have to make sure that I am not logged into Webshots when I copy the link.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am sure the smiles will be bigger on Sunday evening when the event has ended.  My group is planning to hang out on Sunday to share our stories.  We will head back across the bridge on Monday morning.

Looking forward to a great ride!!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Hey F&S - Are you, Napper, and Fred T going up Friday and camping at the staging area?

Any best guess as to the approximate time the event will be over, i.e. when the last of the C riders will stagger in?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred, Nathan and I will be there Friday afternoon to pick out a camping spot for the rest of the weekend.  My dad may already be there.  Napper and Mrs. Napper are planning to be there on Saturday morning.

The race will start at 8:00.  I would think most riders should be done by 2:00.  Last year the A/AA section was at the end of the event and these riders were some the last guys back to camp.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Don Marsh told me today that I will be starting a on 29 instead of 27. That is okay though. I if catch Don, I'm going to fast, I you Napper, Fred, and Mike catch me, time to step it up!!!

Top Bottom