Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
It was great to see the DRN Family this weekend.

Congrats to Freddy & the "THOMPSON RACING" Family. :cool:
With Nate & Erin's firsts in the Mini Moose and Fred's in the Moose I am surprised that they let you across the bridge with out an overweight ticket, with the hardware you were toting. :laugh:

DW & Cody, two second places, Great job!

Silver, good job C high point.....no wait...... I take that back.
Good ride Mike. :cool:

Greg B, it was great that you & Kyler signed up for the race on Sunday, to bad the boy finished & you didn't, You can get him the next time. :bang:

It was fun working the Mini Moose & racing on Sun.
It was a great weekend.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thanks to the UP Sandstormers for an excellent weekend!!!

It is amazing how close Lafferty and Bobbitt were ALL DAY long. These two were very generous on Saturday afternoon. They donated jerseys and signed them. We sold more 50/50 tickets when these donations went on display.

GregB

Aug 22, 2005
What a great weekend it was. Just being part of the scene was great:, meeting some of the DRN folks in person and tackling our first Enduro on Sunday was an experience...for sure. :yikes:

I have some work ahead of me if I am going to try and keep pace with the Marsh's, Thompson's and my OWN SON!! Actually was shown up by both of my son's. Dylan getting a podium spot on Saturday proved he can follow arrows...and I can't!! :yell:

Appreciate the support and comradary...looking forward to Jack Pine/Pine Cone. :nod:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
GregB said:
Appreciate the support and comradary...looking forward to Jack Pine/Pine Cone. :nod:

Don't forget Harrison on June 28th and Matthews, IN on July 12th. FES only events, but the Dual Sport on Sunday in Matthews is a great trail ride - very little road, but you should be legal.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The pictures are available on www.buchkoe.com

A couple of guys fell "near" the camera "man" - including Bruno and TJ. TJ can buy two pictures and call it..."fender on...fender off" :)

Last edited:

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Just for your information FS, I DID NOT fall in front of the camera!!! I fell in front of 15 or so riders, just to show how NOT to decend a moonrock. The 3rd Mike on minute 11 was hollering I fell just like that!!!!!! Of course he blew his knee out and I only bruised my outer thigh and mostly my pride. But the coast guard did not need to be called for 3rd Mike.

silver

May 16, 2006
Thanks Don .I know from here on out once I get that trophy in my hand it's time to head for the truck.Glad they figured it out I would hate to get an overall I didn't deserve.I will admit felt good for a little bit.It was my best finsh to date regardless .Had fun up untill the crash which Bruno duplicated qiute nicely.Between him and I we had quite a road block going.My Knee still is very stiff swelling is mostly gone.Mike :)

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Something must be wrong with the Buchkoe web - I don't see the 2008 LM pic link on there....

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
i had a hard time loosing mike kurncz in the fields. i had to "stop" and shed some weight to get the little bit of an edge on him. unfortunately it took longer than i would have liked to get my headlight in a semi secure position on the bike. looking back, i wish i wouldn't have "stopped" there and kept moving and i would have been further ahead.
thanks again Fred for the zip ties to keep it on there.

i had a blast at the race, the trip up and back is another story. i felt great after the event, i wish i would have rode the A section. i was going to until i fell 3 miles from the end and banged my knee. it swelled up pretty good and couldn't really bend it.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TJC510 said:
i had a hard time loosing mike kurncz in the fields. i had to "stop" and shed some weight to get the little bit of an edge on him. unfortunately it took longer than i would have liked to get my headlight in a semi secure position on the bike. looking back, i wish i wouldn't have "stopped" there and kept moving and i would have been further ahead.
thanks again Fred for the zip ties to keep it on there.

i had a blast at the race, the trip up and back is another story. i felt great after the event, i wish i would have rode the A section. i was going to until i fell 3 miles from the end and banged my knee. it swelled up pretty good and couldn't really bend it.

You were definately pretty good on those rocks TJ. :cool: This old man could'nt keep up with you then.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Pics!

397_JPG.jpg
522_JPG.jpg
416_JPG.jpg

Top Bottom