Jun 3, 2008
Thanks for posting.

Good job guys! :cool:

How was the weather?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
It was effin' cold. More to report later. 3 guys from the Mi D 14 brought home wood! :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Looked like you did well Fred. The field looked pretty stacked too. When Watts and Hawkins are in the age group classes....ouch man.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Dude just going down there and making top 10 is cool, to get wood is awesome. Sections 2 and 3 were muthas. Really tough, mud bogs through vine infested tight woods. Sections 1-4-5 were all pretty good, I was just a little rusty at first and my bike was a bit stiff for the rooty snotty stuff, I expected more sand. Tommy Zettle was top 5 OA B, he led the way all day and he even rode section 6.

We just got back about 9 AM. Unloaded, took a shower and now I godda get to work.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Not every one had fun...ck this quote out.

Clip from another forum:

" I have heard from numerous riders that the supposed routes around the swamps were non existant and that the trail was so tight it was stupid. I have also heard tales of bikes stuck so deep in swamps that the only thing you could see was a seat. I am very glad I didn't do this one as I have yet to hear one positive thing about it other than they were riding and not sitting at home."

WOW. I guess some guy even had more trouble than I did! The problem with the tight piney mud bogs was that there were vines every where so making alternate lines was nearly impossible.

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
Great job Fred T,

Heard conditions were not super fun, lots of whoops by min. 58 and not very tight for the most part. Cant wait to hear your report Freddy.

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
Fred T said:
Clip from another forum:

" I have heard from numerous riders that the supposed routes around the swamps were non existant and that the trail was so tight it was stupid. I have also heard tales of bikes stuck so deep in swamps that the only thing you could see was a seat. I am very glad I didn't do this one as I have yet to hear one positive thing about it other than they were riding and not sitting at home."

WOW. I guess some guy even had more trouble than I did! The problem with the tight piney mud bogs was that there were vines every where so making alternate lines was nearly impossible.

They were easily avoidable on row 84, I watched people go right down the center of the mud holes... it's their own fault... and I though the hole race was pretty much WFO... I had fun!

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
:ride: Well this is a teachable moment. What is chickafied? Well if you went to a tough enduro and had fun that makes you not chicafied. But had you whined, complained, boohoo'd about how hard it was then you would be chicafied like most enduro riders are. Hope this clears it. Polish sausage do you agree? Pork chop do you agree.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Dammit! I'm not chickafied because I did have fun. Dammit, Dammit. Might as well buy a trials tire too I guess. :yell:

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
nickolino said:
:ride: Well this is a teachable moment. What is chickafied? Well if you went to a tough enduro and had fun that makes you not chicafied. But had you whined, complained, boohoo'd about how hard it was then you would be chicafied like most enduro riders are. Hope this clears it. Polish sausage do you agree? Pork chop do you agree.

:cool: got ya...

I'm never chickafied then...haha

tz140

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2009
It was awesome trail all day. All of the deep ruts in the second section already had bikes stuck in them when I went through... so I made it through pretty cleanly. The sixth section could have used some more arrows and the trail cleaned up a bit more, but I wasn't being timed so I guess it didn't matter too much... it was probably better by the time Jordan came through.

Rivard809 said:
Im glad I stayed home! Pondo killed it this weekend Fred... So I made out like a bandit.
You would have easily been top 2 in 200B class.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
I love my chickafied, cold beer on a friday night. A set of gear that fits just right,nice motorcycle by my side. I love my chickafied

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
foyman said:
i would like to thank the guy on the ktm 200 on row 96 for breaking my leg in the first section. out of action for a while.

Bummer dude. :| That sucks.

Heal up quick!

I didn't think anyone ever rode aggressively, made aggressive passes, or made errors in judgement when it came to other riders safety at enduro's?? :whoa:

Iron Mike

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 26, 2007
Yam7M said:
Bummer dude. :| That sucks.

Heal up quick!

I didn't think anyone ever rode aggressively, made aggressive passes, or made errors in judgement when it came to other riders safety at enduro's?? :whoa:

yeah you have used me for traction on a couple occasions! :yikes: Us chubby guys are good traction, if not a little hard to wheelie over! ;)

I know it is kinda against the rules around here but I have to give Fred some props. The firt time I met him was up at Marquette in about 2004? He ripped his nose half off and was bleeding like crazy. I asked him if he was alright (it was a free section back to gas). He said something like " this trail is awesome" and off he went. That was pretty cool.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom