LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Any interested parties looking to ride some MX in Louisiana? A ride is planned on Saturday, May 18th at Hole Shot MX in Hammond. DRN members, as well as Acadiana Dirtriders Association members will be there. Feel free to come and enjoy a great ride that we have planned. If you have any questions e-mail me at [email protected].

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
I'm always up for a good ride, but I won't be able to make it. I'm graduating from NSU saturday :) :p :)

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's great news.
I hear they totally re-did the Hammond track. It is supposed to be technical like New Iberia. I love the New Iberia track. Breaux Bridge has had modifications done as well, but I haven't seen it yet. Friends who have rode it said that they didn't like it. Not enough room for 2 tripples.

Congrats. again,

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Thanks.

Did you hear anything about a new track scheduled to open in the Houma/Bayou Blue area? I think the name of it is Lafourche Supercross. It's gonna be awesome to have one that close to home.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
I did hear something about it. I heard from another rider that a guy was building a track on the Bayou Blue Bypass Rd. He said that the track would open sometime in the middle of the summer, and that the owner had already checked with neighbors in the area and everyone was supportive. I was also told that all of the permits and liscenses were already in place.
You are the first one that has mentioned a name. It would be awesome to have a track in our immediate area, but Ive seen this happen before, so I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic. If you hear of an opening date, exact location, or phone #, please let me know at [email protected].

Later,

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
I haven't been to the Bunkie track, but I've heard about it. I have rode Hammond, New Iberia, Breaux Bridge, Avondale, and the kid track in LaRose.
Waiting on more info. about the supposed new track in Houma/Thibodaux.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
LaRider- I heard it's right off highway 90 in bayou blue right on the lafourche parish line. I'll probablly go check it out sometime soon.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
I almost forgot: check out the thread in the General Chapter Info/Discussions forum. motohead is trying to organize a local chapter.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Get everyone together and have your very own Local Chapter. I you get enough interested members, let me know.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
The Hammond ride has been canceled due to rain. Some of us are going to try to ride in New Iberia Sunday the 19th at Down South Racing.

Top Bottom