Mixel

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I've been watching the weather for forest hill, it looks like they're getting rain today, maybe some monday (50% chance), and maybe a little tuesday (30%), but wed-sunday its 0% all the way down. I dont know how the rules go about 2 inches of rain, but if they do close it, maybe they will open it back up before saturday.

Michael

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I'm in no matter what. If it's not great riding it will at least be a nice camping trip. Look at it this way- what else you gonna do, stay home? I'll be there Friday night if all things go right. Hope to see all of you there.

Mark

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Just talked to the ranger at this number 318-793-9427 she said as of now the riding area is closed until Wednesday. She told me if they didn't get anymore rain today or rest of the week it may be open by Friday. I'll call back on Thursday morning and see what she says. Hope it clears up. I checked the forecast in that area and they have scattered showers for the rest of the day and no rain but cloudy rest of the week. Predicting 40's for the weekend with no rain - perfect riding weather. Let's just hope it reopens. :thumb:

Mark

Mac_380

Aug 13, 1999
Good news

Newest message on Forest hotline is that all ORV restrictions have been lifted except southern part of the sandstone trail.

Paul

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Thats true MAC_380, heard the same thing myself today. I'll be meeting the rest of the guys in the back left of the launching point at about 7am Saturday. If anyone has any questions, or gets lost I can be reached on my cell phone at 985-851-2725. Lets ride!

WBBLUE272

Nov 1, 2002
A group from the North Florida club is holding a ride at the Bethel ATV trail this weekend. Bethel is located near Biloxi, MS. About 1/2 way between Pensacola, FL and Baton Rouge. Also, our club is holding a weekend ride on private property in Chipley, FL on Nov 9 and 10. Go to our club website for more info. NFSAMC.COM

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Hey Troy, Mixel and all....

I will be there Saturday morning about 9 am I think. Don't hold up a loop for me. Just letting you know I would be there, but maybe a little later than originally intended.

Randy

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by LaRider20
Ride completed.

C'mon!!!! That's all?! What about the rest of the ride report? How about the initial trail ride with the spills in the mud holes, cleaning out the throttle tubes, the log crossings, getting a fire started, JunkJeeps wife's hospitality, the venison chili, the rain, the bears? What else am I a leaving out?

Just funnin'ya! I had a blast and I hope you do decide to come back again soon!

Last edited:

Mixel

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
you forgot to mention clipping that tree with your hand guard, and the mudhole i soaked myself in... i still laugh when i think about that one

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
You weren't supposed to mention the tree..... I mean did you see the way it came out of nowhere and hit my handguard? It must not like KTMs and wanted to knock me down.

Also... I owe you one for soaking me in a mudhole too! :moon:

Greg Guidry

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
After falling in 2 mud holes, getting her throttle stuck, sleeping in a wet sleeping bag, and not having a place to take a shower I thought Lauren would never want to go back. But right before she went to bed Sunday night she asked me when we were going back. She never says this after a motocross ride. I had a good time even though I didn't get a chance to get on the trails with the faster guys. Thanks Randy for helping with the Lauren's bike and JunkJeeps wife for the soup, coffee and bathroom for Lauren, she really appreciated that. Looking forward to doing this again on a dry weekend.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
My wife, daughter and I also had a really good time. Too bad the rain got us before a morning run on Sunday. Those forecasters have the best job. They get paid whether they're right or wrong. Maybe we can look into some kind of malpractice against them(just kidding!). Looking forward to the next trip, although it may be a while. I start working 6 - 10's next week. I'll let my wife know ya'll appreciate her hospitality, maybe she'll come along more often. Keep me posted on future trips.

Mark

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
I didn't want to post a ride report in this forum. Big brother is watching. We did have a good time as well. The kids will have some memories thats for sure. Kyle is still upset with himself because of his spills over the logs, while Robbie is proud of his hill climbing abilities. I still prefer the track, you just can't get enough air in the woods; remember I'm a high flyer. :p

LaRider20@aol.comx

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Hey Motohead...So now I know who you are...We had a good time too. My schedule doesn't look too good for the rest of this month either. Hope to see ya at the Red Lick Hare Scramble, Dec. 1.

Keep in touch :thumb:

Top Bottom