Louisiana Ride!

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
This weeks La. ride will be at Down South MX in New Iberia. The ride will be FRIDAY, August 9th. This is the last Friday ride for us before the kids go back to school, so those of you that have kids and would prefer for them to ride with as few adult riders as possible, this is your day. Hope you can make it.
Keep your fingers crossed for good weather, especially since Tropical Storm Bertha is knocking at our door.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Looks like Bertha missed us. Me & Josh will be there unless they cancel my Vacation. :p

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Well, well look who showed up, another member from Louisiana. Welcome Shawn! You'll find lots of useful info on this site. A friendly reminder for you is to read the FAQs on the first page. Again WELCOME! :D

Greg Guidry

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
Welcome Shawn. I wouldn't call you the ugly doubler. It didn't take you long to attempt those doubles. I don't think I even tried those doubles for the first 3 or 4 visits to Down South.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Dewster, Houma and trails, now thats a combination of words I've never heard together. No, when we Houma boys ride, we come up to your area. Our favorite place to ride is Down South MX in New Iberia.

motohead00, you missed a good ride. We will probably be at Down South again the weekend of the 24th. My 14yr. old's KX is completely repaired and he is ready to ride. Yall better look out.

Dewster

Feb 4, 2002
LaRider20, looks like you're more into the MX thing. If you like to ride trails let me know. I live in Broussard which is about 15min from DownSouth. We do alot of riding up in the Forest Hills area.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
I only do Forest Hills when it starts cooling off. It's waaaaay to hot to be up in the woods right now. When we're ready to do a Forest Hills ride I will post it.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I am heading to Cravens in the morning. Meeting some friends there. Hope it's not too muddy after all the rain and it isn't closed! :)

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
We're in for a trail ride, but I'm with you on the heat.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Ok Philip; I know a camp ground where you can stay in your tent, and they have a bath house. Also, you can ride your bike from the campground to the maze of trails in the national forest. I will probably be November or December before it cools down enough.

Dewster

Feb 4, 2002
Motohead, let me know how was Cravens. After all that rain, I'm thinking it may be a little wet. We're going up there the night of 8/30 and coming back Sunday afternoon.

Before you make another trip, try this number (1-866-830-6467). It's a new toll free number established by the Kisatche National Forest for Off Highway Vehicle Management Information.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Dewster,

Thanks for the number. Cravens wasn't too bad. Some mud holes in the usual place, but all in all wasn't too bad after the amount of rain. Certainly not as bad as Forest Hills would have been.

Hope you have a good ride, if I am still in (not offshore) would you mind if I tagged along? :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…