gasgas01

Mar 17, 2002
I just recently picked up my 01 200 and i have to say this bike is awesome. I came off a kdx 220 and it's like night and day. If anyone has any advice about my bike im willin to listen wether it be problems with parts of the bike or good aftermarket goodies. Can't wait for my next enduro!!!!!!!!:aj:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
congrats on the new scoot
when I first got my EC250 I was coming off a KDX200 with the 240 kit and other mods, the 250 was the perfect upgrade for me, fit my style and made tons of power. I heard everyone talking about the LTR jet kit and thought it wouldn't make a significant improvement, but eventually decided to spend the cash for it. Well I'm glad I did, the bike runs cleanly with the exception of the bottom (need to adjust a few things though) and I noticed the bike made a lot more power. I'm not sure how the kit works for the 200's but I'd say it's well worth the investment, enjoy the new ride.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I put a LTR kit in mine. The first day I rode it I had some trouble getting it dialed in. On my second try I got it spot on. The bike will wheely with a twist of the throttle, no hesitation. Well worth the money. I also added the chian guide from LTR. I added Flatland Radiator Gaurds, Eline Pipe Gaurd, Skid plate Protapers, Scotts Damper and MX tech suspension. The bike is great. Next thing for mine is new plastic and graphicmx decals. I also am thinking of adding a caliper gaurd.

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
a buddy of mine just got an 00' gg 200. I had never ridden one before and was very impressed. I thought my ktm pulled hard off of the bottom but it is not contest when compared to the gg.

gasgas01

Mar 17, 2002
I had heard gas gas does not recommend running the ltr jet kit so i am a little weary about using it. I have heard that the larger power valve cover will increase power too. I am pretty happy with the power for now though. I don't think i need much more riding in new england it will probable make me just crash even harder.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
I've been running the LTR jetting in my 01 XC250 for about a year without a problem. I really like the snap the jetting kit put into the bike and it still has smooth predictable power. The PV cover just helped it a little more off the bottom. I can't stall this bike. I love the LTR combo for improving the off the bottom response and giving it better grunt down low.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Did you do the LTR mods at the same time. Does the PV cover help as much as the jetting kit? Where and how does it improve the power.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
I did the jetting kit first. About a month later I installed the PV cover. The jetting kit made the biggest noticeable difference. The PV cover added more to the already great bottom end. Seems to have better torque off the bottom and very smooth into the mid range. It really seemed to have helped on those long power robbing climbs.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
did the cover come with a new gasket or did you have to order one? I'm considering the LTR cover purely because of the spooge drain, evertime I feel my bike getting flat on bottom I take the cover loose and watch the crap drain out, that rich rich factory jetting will make this happen fast so hopefully I don't have to do it as often with the LTR jetting.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
The PV cover did not come with a new gasket. I reused the original and added a little high temp silicone to make sure it sealed.

euro gasgas

Sponsoring Member
Sep 18, 2001
On my bike Les @ LTR added a vent tube off thre bottom of the pv cover that hangs down in the front of the motor . So now, it is constantly draining and I don't have to worry about accumulate spooge in the pv cover any longer.

jeff

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by gasgas01
I had heard gas gas does not recommend running the ltr jet kit so i am a little weary about using it. I have heard that the larger power valve cover will increase power too. I am pretty happy with the power for now though. I don't think i need much more riding in new england it will probable make me just crash even harder.
I've been riding the same bike under the same conditions as you'll be riding since Sept. with the LTR jetting kit and power valve cover with no problems what so ever. You will get some more bottom end with the cover.

Top Bottom