wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
For about the last 3 weeks my lower back has been killing me and it all started after a ride throught a washed out section when my bike bucked up and jammed me pretty hard. Ever since then, my lower back has been swollen and I can't really rotate at the hips very much. Does anyone have a clue what I need to do to get back into riding shape?

YZ/250

Dec 17, 2006
I would go see a doctor or chiropractor. I wouldn't let it go much longer. Just watch out for the chiropractors.....they always want to get you scheduled on a weekly basis!!!

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
If your married don't tell your wife your back issue is bike related, she'll remember and the next time your down she'll sell the thing before you get healthy.

Backs and knees are funny objects. Every spring I begin riding and while on the bike I feel great. 2 hours later I can't get out of the recliner without sliding to knees and using my arms to help me up... I wait until my wife has left the room.

When I go out to ride the next day I scratch the plastic trying to just get the leg over the seat, and can only kick twice... fortunately the bike starts. Once into riding all is fine... then repeat the nightly process. This continues for 2-3 weeks until the whether warms and the body takes shape.

Moral of the story, don't worry about the back... go ride and don't tell the wife how you feel.

I feel your pain... hope it gets better.

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
I get lower back pain alot, have seen doctors and ciropractors in the past, found all three ciropractors to be useless! the real doc told me to take it easy use ice and take ibuprofen for the inflamation also stretching helps.The pain stops and good as new in a week or so, until I do somthing stupid or ride my DT1 hard.

ignatius2071

Dec 12, 2006
Old Man

Take it from me an old man when I ride my bake used to kill me until I found a good sports therapist. He gave me this excerise to do when my back starts to hurt and it works. Lay on the floor face down and do a seal push up (push up with your arms but allow your back to curve like a seal) and hold it for about ten seconds and repeat about ten times, Trust me your back will feeel great, do this whenever you get a chance and it will keep your back healthy, enjoy the rid :cool: e.

Jul 4, 2006
Does 3 bulging discs and a herniated disc count for anything?LOL!! Good advice above just learning the proper way to lift things and even carry yourself will help.

I've found stretching and isometric's help a lot. Been through a couple sports rehab clinics and that's the main thing they teach. That and "cold with ibuprophen" when it is bothering you.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I took a muscle relaxer and went to a sports massage therapist and I feel awesome today. She gave me some yoga poses and stretches that she says keeps the muscles elongated. She said that with daily stretching, and stretching before and after riding, my recovery time should be cut in half. Apparently what was happening is a lot of soft tissue strain and damage wasn't able to heal correctly because there was too much acid build up around it so it couldn't repair itself.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
ignatius2071 said:
Take it from me an old man when I ride my bake used to kill me until I found a good sports therapist. He gave me this excerise to do when my back starts to hurt and it works. Lay on the floor face down and do a seal push up (push up with your arms but allow your back to curve like a seal) and hold it for about ten seconds and repeat about ten times, Trust me your back will feeel great, do this whenever you get a chance and it will keep your back healthy, enjoy the rid :cool: e.

You better check up on that bud, 'cause you aren't that old yet! :coocoo: I'm gonna give your method a try. :nod:

Top Bottom