randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
I tried to search on this, but couldn't find a good answer. I had the seat shaved, which lowered it about .5 inches. But I I need a bit more. I am 5'6.
I was wondering - if it possible to do it at all. If so, then where? The upholstery guy who shaved it said he couldn't take any more foam off, as it would not be safe. It still looks liek there's plenty of foam, but I don't know much about it. Is there a place you can take it to? Or can you buy a different seat? I tried google search as well, and, came up short. I'm completely lost. Any help appreciated.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
A competent suspension shop can shorten the forks and shock, but it aint cheap.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I believe I read somewhere that the wheels from a TTR125L will bolt up, but again you are looking at some added expense.

I'll move this to see if you get some better ideas

randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
Vic - how uncheap is it? Where do I take a bike to? I asked the dealership, but they don't do anything like that.

I ride it fine, but stopping is a whole different story. I think I'd be a bit more comfortable if it was a bit shorter.

ETA: I called the nearest shop to me in your link, they're closed, so I'll try again Monday. Thanks!

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Call MX-TECH.

877-850-5114

They can give you all the info. you need.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Give Mr. Kouba a call and see if he can help you:

http://www.koubalink.com/

I see that he sells a link for the TTR250 but not for the TTR230.

I lowered a KDX for my daughter by removing foam from the seat, raising the forks in the clamps, and installing a set of number two Kouba-links. Overall, I took almost three inches off the seat height.

Total cost, <$100.00

yzwoods

Aug 2, 2006
You can take up to a inch off the foam of a ttr. If your bike is new make shure you ride it for awile and then set the race sag. With the race sag set and a inch off the seat on a TTR 230 you should be fine at 5'6. Try getting used to it before doing anything drastic with your suspention as not only is it costly, But your bike will not feel or handle the same.

Top Bottom