Questions about TTR125L/TTR230 rear shock swap

jkupers

Jun 14, 2006
I'd read on a post here that the TTR125L will take the 225 shock as a bolt in with some rear brake adjustment. I couldn't find a 225 shock, but I found a 230 shock for cheap, so I thought I'd give it a try.

When I began disassembling the 125, I noticed the rear shock had a canister on it, I imagine for the preload adjustment. The 230 shock does not. Is this going to be a problem?

The only reason I"m trying to do this swap is to gain an inch or two of seat height on my wife's bike.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

B

biglou

Not sure about the shocks, but Guts makes a tall seat foam for the TTR125. I have one on mine. Not only adds height, but adds to the seat-footpeg distance, which is a big help.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
jkupers said:
When I began disassembling the 125, I noticed the rear shock had a canister on it

???????????????

jkupers

Jun 14, 2006
Thanks Lou, I have a tall seat on order but was looking for another inch or two. I might just wait on the seat and see how much it does raise it. The stock seat height is 31.7. She sat on a 230 with a seat height of 34.1 and it was perfect. So I was trying to get to that 33.5-34.1 range.

Top Bottom