yzrider_69

Nov 5, 2002
anyone here been riding up here in maine. you should we have good trails for enduro riding we have some good tracks and the greatest of all ice racing and an abundance of good sand pits.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
How come you don't have any organized rides/races up there then?

mgorman

May 8, 2000
I just spent a week in Machias along the coast. My wife and I hiked the Bold Coast trail and the woods up there were all logged out and over run with sapplings that were way too tight for an enduro. The average width between the trees at my mother-in-laws was about 16". If you can get to some virgin areas the trees might be passable but the terrain is peat with granite rocks and lots of roots to keep the C riders hung up all day. I don't know what the west side of the state is like.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by mgorman
I just spent a week in Machias along the coast. My wife and I hiked the Bold Coast trail and the woods up there were all logged out and over run with sapplings that were way too tight for an enduro. The average width between the trees at my mother-in-laws was about 16". If you can get to some virgin areas the trees might be passable but the terrain is peat with granite rocks and lots of roots to keep the C riders hung up all day. I don't know what the west side of the state is like.

About the same :)

yzrider_69

Nov 5, 2002
yeah the coast aint much good but i live up near bethel or sunday river ski resort and there are plenty good trails and we do have rides but they are no more at this time of year some times it becoms to much for rides though because some times we have up to 70 bikes and wheelers and certianly a pain to get them across RIVERS and get them out of mud. and we do have some semi pro traks around one of the biggest is Hemonds moto x in minot. the coast of maine is to crowded. west and north of maine are the best.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom