maintenance on 2 stroke mx bike

bully_23

Apr 22, 2005
maintenance on 125 2 stroke mx bike

Im upgrading from a klx 125 which i did zero maintenance on but i know there will be a fair bit required what exactly should i be doing do u have any maintenance schedules that i should follow please give me all the advice you have because i really know nothing or where to start thanks

Last edited:

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Yes, the most importaint thing is to keep the filter clean and well oiled. Top ends last fairly long, especially if you are not riding in a lot of high speed wide open type terrian. It would probably be a good idea to pull the top end apart (very easy to do) and mic eveything to see what shap its in at the end of the season. This will give you an idea of how long your top end intervals will need to be.

Otherwise its no different than any other bike, blead the brakes every year or two, service the forks every couple of seasons or more, lube the chassie bearings every season. The manual will have a maintaince interval chart. for the most part, I have found that they are overly pessimistic, but its a good place to start untill you get some experence with the bike.

good luck and enjoy that 2 stroke:)

bully_23

Apr 22, 2005
thanks for your advice I;m fairly new to dirtbikes so sorry if this sounds stupid but what do you mean by keeping everything in spec

thanks

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom