MotoManiac

Jul 12, 2001
This is a continued thread... I have a 01 YZ 250 that originally leaked at the small hole or the drain on the water pump cover. Being a beginner at this I pulled the water pump cover, crank case cover, etc. I replaced two rubber seals one I was an oil seal/bearing seal and the other fit right behind the impeller. I also replaced all the gaskets the manual called for. After about 30 minutes riding I noticed that the water pump was leaking barely but was also leaking what seems to be tranny fluid. (I use Bel-Ray gear saver). With brand new seals I cant see why the pump is leaking at all... My next step is to try and re surface the pump cover.. But seeing that it is leaking tranny fluid worries me. ANy suggestions would be appreciated. I love this site, so much help... Thanks in advance. --Ryan

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
If it's leaking coolant into your tranny, you may also need to replace the shaft, although it shouldn't be worn out on this new of a bike.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
my old rm had the same problem. I put a new washer under the bolt that held the impeller in place and it stopped leaking? (lost it when I replaced the seal) hope this helps.

Top Bottom