Status
Not open for further replies.

paul6585

~SPONSOR~
Aug 27, 2002
Any opinions on using marine 2-stroke oil in motorcycles? Does anyone know of differences in the oil? Marine 2-stroke is available in bulk at W-Mart for a fraction of the cost of what bike shops sell 2-stroke oil for. I am currently using Yamalube in the KDX.

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
I've no idea but I bet this will be one of those 3 page oil threads.

NYkdxer

Feb 21, 2003
I have used that wal-mart oil in my ATV, and snowmobiles before. Its not too bad, and at $6 a gallon cant beat it. It doesnt compare to the Amsoil I use in one of my sleds but..... Have had NO plug fouling problems or carbon buildup for 800 miles w/the Wally world stuff. It is TCW3 rated, ashless type. I'd say give it a shot.....save a few...er, ten bucks.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Yes, I've stared at that gallon jug of (I think it was Pennzoil) 2-stroke oil many times at Walmart. I'm just paranoid now about not using full synthetics. Will I actually get longer life and cleaner burning using full synthetics at $6/quart??? Or should I save my $18/gal and get the cheap stuff???

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There are about 100 threads on DRN addressing this question. Take a look around and you'll find loads of info on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom