MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Well, just curious if any other DRN members besides myself and MoO_Cow are planning on going to the race on the 26th. MoO and I both still havent ridden the track, but isnt that what the practice seasons before the moto are for:p If anyone is going, what class is everyone going to be in? 125 C here for me (tt-r250)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I raced there once several years ago. They ran 2 complete sets of practice sessions, so you should get plenty of time to learn the track beforehand.

Be careful entering the tunnel...I drifted wide and tried to embed myself in it that night.

Good luck and post a report afterwards.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Hey High Lord Gomer, could you give me a discription of the track, like jump whise, which gate to start at, things like that, just so that I can get a mental picture of the track. On there website www.dirtcountrymx.com they have a picture of there track. Has it changed? Thanks

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Sorry, it was 4 or 5 years ago. It has probably changed since then. There was only one realy big double that I remember. I think they called it the Gravity cavity. There was a triple that wasn't too tough and some tabletops, too.

What I remember most was that it was fast. I'm used to 2nd and 3rd gear tracks in NC/SC. This thing was 3rd and 4th...scarey when you're used to going slow and tight.

The start was long with a slight bend to the left that ended in a 90 degree left turn. I had good results lining up outside (right) and going outside the braking bumps that developed going into the first turn.

Oh yeah,. the guy that dropped the gate was *real* quick about it...like as soon as the board went sideways he dropped the gate. Hopefully he has moved on to another career by now. :)

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
Sorry, it was 4 or 5 years ago. It has probably changed since then. There was only one realy big double that I remember. I think they called it the Gravity cavity. There was a triple that wasn't too tough and some tabletops, too.
Thats still there...I can see it in the picture. It will be my first race so it will be interesting since the track I go to is a 2-3rd gear track to. I want to race in the school boy and the C class.

Top Bottom