dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Yes, may drop the KDX-200 retire it , THE KX-250 which years or the 04 for the woods, hairscramble. I heard something about the powervavle spring removed to be like a KDX in power I wood like to have it tractor like no big hits or supprises. Dont tell me I would be better off keeping the 200 I have Max it out. Just need a little more go-jo here and there. May need some mods to tame the greenine. The Gas-Gases look nice but a little to rich for my blood. O-yea I am a Senior-B rider if that matters. Your thoughs and opions are appreciative. Thanks

SPR

Jun 19, 2003
Any KX 250 from 99 trough 02 are much the same just try to get one in good cond. From what I read the 00 and 02 models are smoother on power and might be better for woods riding??? Flywheel weight seems to be the way to go for smoother power. I have a 99 KX and it's pretty savage off the bottom and the 01 is much the same.

NEMX305

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2001
I had a 00, and currently have a new 01, I set both up for the woods. The 00 had a monster hit off the bottom, the 01 is much smoother. Don't know about the 02, never rode one. Like SPR said, just find one in good shape. I loved my ported kdx220 for the hare scrambles, but the chassis was just to small, could never get passed that.

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
I've got a '99 kx 250 that I ride in the woods, the fmf torque pipe helped smooth out the bottom end, but it's still really beefy down there, a little too much in some tight situations. you'll love it though, it's a great step up from the kdx.

Top Bottom