McCord's Power Flow intake system???

snaggleXR4

Aug 5, 2001
Hello,
I've seen the ad in the back of Dirt Bike magazine, and have seen mention of the product in these forums. Does anybody have any information on the product? How it works? Does it work? etc... I'm considering getting a Mikuni pumper for my 96 XR400 in the distant future. Just wondering if this might be a decent product or not. Thanks in advance.

Mark Parsons

May 10, 2000
Don't waste your money! After not having any performance improvement with the system even after following all the instructions I sent it back. Ron McCord told me when I bought the system that he "guaranteed" it and if I wasn't satisfied he would refund my money. Well, after sending it back and requesting a refund both in writing and speaking with him over the phone, he still hasn't given me a refund. It has been over 2 months and nothing yet. I suppose I'll have to go through the Better Business Bureau or something. I guess the "guarantee" is only good if you don't request a refund if the system doesn't work as advertised. I'll post more as the situation develops.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sorry to hear that Mark, I've been pretty happy with my dealings with Ron and would recommend him, but I understand your situation and hope he comes through as he should.

Mark Parsons

May 10, 2000
Yes, he seemed to be a pretty good guy until I sent the system back asked him to honor his guarantee. He definitely has not been good to work with when it comes to getting my refund. I hope I can get this taken care of amicably, but I may end up having to get some outside help. Pretty disappointing when people don't stand by their word.

Mark Parsons

May 10, 2000
He only did the flow tube modification on the carb. I installed it myself. It was really pretty easy as I followed his instructions precisely and it mounted up just fine. But, there was no performance improvement at all. It didn't run any worse, but it didn't run any better either. It was a waste of money in my opinion. Ron told me that he had tried to market it to the big four Japanese manufacturers, but they were not interested. I suppose there was a reason that they were not interested. If the system really was as great as he said it was it seems reasonable that they would be interested in using it.

Top Bottom