BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Here's part of the Heartland Spodes at the Farm in early March.

Attachments

• farm008.jpg
    farm008.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 47

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
mmmmmmm.......grass track........food........grass track.......food............
wooohoooo...sounds like fun to me!!!! AND Dwreck quit pickin in my poor baby girl.......she's far too busy gettin' highly educated to be bothered with the mundane details of life, such as the use of calenders, clocks, light switches etc. Hopefully this summer she will regain some expertise in those areas....maybe. Looking forward to 'the farm',
Mom

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Well thanks to bswift a LOT of headway was made at the farm this weekend. He came over with his new tractor, it along with the big deere moved a lot of dirt. Anotherb section was added to the little mx track. Lots of trees moved. A nice jump, a few gentle whoops (really just bumps) were added. We moved the two little jumps after the first little table, made them easier to jump. Made the three berms smaller, and the two little table tops are a little bigger now. Those that have not seen it don't get any grand illusions it's just a small practise track.

We also trimmed some more trail, including one nasty section, we both about died of thirst as neither of us had any thing to drink.

It's getting close to time to start preparring for the big meal, I think we'll do it Saturday night. Let me know if you are coming so I can get a head count.

The following are a list of who I have down as tentatively coming

BSwift-3
MX547-2
tx246-4
Dwreck-1
Srellis-4
craig-enid-3
Bundubasher-3?
TonyEeds-1?
Oldmaiconut-1
Lorin-2
OKXer-2?
Danman?
Sawblade-2

Last edited:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Yep, I will be there for sure.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
im pretty sure its gonna be 4 for me. what do we need to bring? cant wait to ride the updated track and the fit for an enduro loop. whoo hooo.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Any Heartland Spodes from the Amarillo area going, Danman, are you on the list ?

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
I'm in, for sure. It's a very busy weekend for me. I'll be in Dallas Friday around 5, hope to show at the farm Sat. around 10. Mr 'those trees are scary" Casey can't make up his mind.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Here are some directions.......mx547 has a map if he has a way to post it.

Directions. From OKC go north on I35 to Hwy 51 (stillwter Exit) head east on 51 go through Stillwater. About 11 miles east of Stillwater Turn North on Hwy 108 (Hwy 108 does not go south, be careful, this turn is easy to miss) Go north on hwy 108 through Glencoe. Go two miles north of Glencoe. Turn right head east on county (paved )road. Go east 4 miles, turn south (past deadend sign) and go 1 mile south, turn east(only option) go 3/4 mile Brown farm house, white garage, red barn on left side of road. gate sits at a 90 degree angle to road. Go down road and circle in around the circle drive and come back through the gate. Once throught the gate turn right head through the pasture. Orange arrows will be posted from the highway on. gate is NARROW but you can get a semi through it.

From Tulsa get off of turnpike at pawnee exit. go north to LoneChimney Lake sign turn west, go west two miles to t intersection, turn right head north go around curve over bridge turn left at t intersection after crossing bridge. Head west about 2 miles, you'll go around two turns and past a water treatment plant, turn south go south 1 mile, turn left go east 1 mile. Brown farm house with garage beside road. Gate sits at a 90 degree angle to the road, go through gate turn right go through pasture.

From I35 take Cimmaron Turnpike east, exit at Morrison exit onto hwy 64, head east on hwy 64 5 1/2 miles to hwy 108 (highway 108 goes south only)go south 4 miles (i think) to Lone Chimney lake sign turn left go east four miles, turn south 1 mile turn east 3/4 mile.
Follow arrows from highway.

Last edited:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Tentative menu.........

Friday night......eat before you arrive. ;)

Saturday Morning......Donuts and juice, maybe some fruit.... :confused:

Saturday Lunch.........Sandwiches, chips..... :cool:

Saturday Night........BBQ Ribs, brisket, Potato salad, baked beans, Taboli etc.... :yeehaw:
Butch can you help us out here??
Sunday Morning?????

Sunday Lunch?????

Sunday night- Burgers etc............ :think:

Monday????

Or if most people are coming Saturday mornig we'll move the donuts to Sunday........I'm trying to have good food yet not kill the four chefs.

Last edited:

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I can bring a bunch of stuff. I'm gonna bring some chicken ceasar salad for the dinner. We have a bunch of new stuff so I'll mix it up a bit. Also can bring cut fruit.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Any workday plans for this weekend?
I can be available Sat. or Sun., with chainsaw and shears....
**and drink systems**

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by craig_enid
Any workday plans for this weekend?
I can be available Sat. or Sun., with chainsaw and shears....
**and drink systems**

There is still some trail on the north end that needs trimming.&nbsp; Aprox. 1 mile.&nbsp; Justql will be unavailale till late Sunday.&nbsp; If you want, I can meet up with you and we can knock it out.&nbsp; Bring your DEET!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Anyone know how I can get in touch with Danman ?

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Will you be posting a list of items that you want us to bring?
Just let me know what we might be short of and I can bring them.

My boys and I will probably stay in Ponca Friday night and head out first thing Saturday. We plan on staying for dinner and then head back to Ponca to meet my husband and his parents for the race Sunday. We can't wait. We have never ridden on trails before and are ready to ride!!! :flame:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Munchie type stuff is always acceptable.&nbsp; Bring your favorite refreshments and quick energy food.&nbsp; Trail conditions will likely be perfect.&nbsp; We are getting rain now and if it tapers off tomorrow, the soil will be perfect.&nbsp;

DANMAN! Where are you??????????

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Sunday Lunch or supper?? Is anyone else staying through till Monday? If not lets eat lunch and skip the big meal as everyone is leaving on Sunday??

How do you want to do the food? Do you all (besides Butch, whose bring ing A LOT) want to bring the sandwich stuff and hamburger stuff and chips. I will take care of the meat, and breakfast, Butch has the extras. Or I can go get it all if that is easier. ;)

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Not sure yet :( I would like to be put on the maybe list. I will have to see if its doable. It will more than likely have to be last minute for me.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
350 miles from Amarillo, a bit more for you Dan, we should be there in 5 or so hours, will gladly share expenses bud. Where is Person8 ? is he still around !

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It's an easy trip Bundu. Four lane all but the last 20 or so miles. The Pampera would love the tight trails. ;) The company will be great as well. :laugh:

Here's a satalite pic of the farm.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=11&x=1735&y=10033&z=14&w=1

You see the road running east west on the bottom of the pic. There is a little road going north that splits and joins then turns back north. At the end of that little road there are some buildings, that is the camp. the pic is seven years old, the trails do not show up the MX track was not there at that time either. Its right at 320 acres beside the lake. I just thought it was cool. I know mostpeople have no clue what they ar elooking at though.

Last edited:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
map to the farm:

use your regular atlas to get to the glencoe area, then use this map to get to the farm. the farm is east of glencoe and north of the cimarron turnpike (412) on lone chimney lake. the farm is just under the letter "y" on the words lone chimney. each of the squares is one square mile. follow the roads to the "y" and you will be in dirtbike heaven.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Craig, can't do trail work this weekend.&nbsp;&nbsp; The storm yesterday afternoon took out some fence.&nbsp; I'll be making repairs today and maybe tormorrow.&nbsp; If I am able to complete them today I'll get a hold of you for Sunday.

Top Bottom