Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
justql,
Sounds good to me. Who do we need to donate funds too to help pay for the spread?

We are looking forward to a great weekend of riding and rubbin elbows with old friends and making new ones. So... I am throwing out a challenge. Maybe we can hook up some trails with the MX and grass track and do time trials for the fun of it. Whats everyone think?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
you know me justin ............i just like to throw money at stuff like menues. seems to cut down on duplication of food.

its been so long since ive ridden.........which side is the clutch on?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I checked on weather.com and the weather looks like it may not cooperate on Saturday.

Sat: 60% chance of rain/thunder high of 77.
Sun: 30% chance of showers high of 80.
Mon 30% chance scattered T-storms high of 76

Nightly lows are forcasted in the high 50's.

I know the weather channel is sometimes a little different the what the local weatherman calls for. Anyone have a report?

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Dwreck worked on trails again today. The guy is going way above the call of duty. Kowkatcher and I got the Grass track mowed in this evening.It's 2 miles long. :think: Some open sections, some tighter turns, should be something for everyone. It is not as smooth as the meadow at Cooperland but still should be fun. It has a couple of little hills that will allow you to catch a little air if you want I think. All I lack is a gate between the two places and arrowing the whole place. :ugg: Still no GG parts here. Looks like I'll be putting the bike together friday night there. Whos helping? :confused:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dang it, I was looking forward to coming up, but no new truck as yet. I may be finalizing one this weekend or next week.

Count me in for the next get together.

Tony

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Justql,
The grass track sounds like fun! Put Mrs Sawblade on this list, I've talked her into "roughing" it in the tent for one night.

Has anyone heard from motox757? I send him a pm, but have not heard from him.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
motox757 raced at ascot last week with us. it seems like he said that he had something else to do that weekend. i emailed him earlier but he hasn't replied yet.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Make sure that you bring your favorite anti-tick spray. They seem to be out in force this year.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by DWreck
Make sure that you bring your favorite anti-tick spray. They seem to be out in force this year.

I brought 40 or so of them home with me to vacation.&nbsp; However, it was just a death camp for them. :p

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Justin working on the Gasser??!!! It wouldn't be a HS ride without that! I will be there friday night to supervise. Keep in mind that I plan on ingesting a comfortable amount of Elijah Craig to assist in problem resolution. If all else fails, you can ride my YZ...it's blue too!

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Originally posted by Sawblade
I checked on weather.com and the weather looks like it may not cooperate on Saturday.

Sat: 60% chance of rain/thunder high of 77.
Sun: 30% chance of showers high of 80.
Mon 30% chance scattered T-storms high of 76

Chance of rain down to 30% on Sat and 20% on Sun!!! I hope this trend keeps going down!!!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by srellis
Chance of rain down to 30% on Sat and 20% on Sun!!! I hope this trend keeps going down!!!

COOL! :thumb: With the rain we have had the riding should be great!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
bad news in the house...............
wife broke her ankle playing soccer last sunday but insisted it was just a sprain. i told her it was broke. this is one time i wish i was wrong. went to the orthopedic on wed. and confirmed my suspision. i was hoping for just a cast but was dissapointed. he recommended surgery due to the joint misalignment. maggie went under the knife today and is now titanium equipped. just one screw to put it back together. she had a full plate at the drug buffet today and is groggy but feeling better. i feel better that the ankle should heal 100% and she can play her game without lingering problems. good news is that stephen and i are coming but the bad news is i can only make it sat and sunday. originally, the family was coming up on friday night and not leaving till mon afternoon. maggie and my daughter sarah were looking forward to this trip as much as the boys.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Best wishes to Maggie. Man, plans can change without warning! For what it's worth, I had two screws put in 1990, and forget that they are even there most of the time.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Sorry to hear it. Talk about bad timing. Guess there is no good timing for injuries. Ti, how high tech. I guess my Doc didn't care enough to give me the exotics in my arm. At least I have an excuse on why I can't bench as much. "My left arm weighs more than it used to!" Glad to hear that you and Stephen are still coming. If the weather behaves itself the riding should be AWESOME!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Well I made the trip south again. My nieces boyfriend and I installed a gate so you can now get to the grass track without jumping the fence ;)

My parts were here for the GG when I got home at 10:30. I put the new Master cylinder on. I should have good brakes for the first time since I've owned it. :yeehaw: I knew the brakes were never quite right. I just should've gave up and replaced it months ago. I also have new fork seals that I will put in Friday night. That should be an easy fix. :think: So hopefully those that arrive on Saturday WILL NOT get to see me working on the bike. (I hope) Trucks loaded. Trailers loaded. The food and a few things piled in the garage is all I lack. I hope to arrive by 6:00.

KOWKATCHER

Mar 31, 2002
Well Just you will be happy to know no stiches required. Looked like a scratch to me but who can tell. Hows the ankle? Weather here is raining lightly right now, looking at radar it should be over in 1 to 2 hours so I don't think it will bbe to bad.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Looks like I am out, things just did not work out for me this year - have fun guys !

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Just got back from the Farm. The Gas Gas has fork seals! Once again- If the weather behaves, should be awesome! Bundu- You will be missed.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Just got done hosing the bikes off after riding for a few days at the Farm. Had a great time as usual. I pulled in Friday evening to fing JustQL and Dwreck working on the Gas Gas (as usual) Just doing fork seals this time. They actually had it running before I ate dinner. Saturday morning started wet as in torrential downpour. We laid around until noon or so and then got in a few muddy woods loops. The creek crossings were fun and considering all the rain, the trails really weren't all that bad. A little later OKKXer, BSwift and Sawblde showed up and we did a few laps on the new grass track. Justin ruled it too wet and we decided to lay off of it rather than tear up the pature. The moto track was out... to swampy. Retired to camp for a standard Heartland Spodes feast... ribs, brisket, and all the fixins. Sunday was cool and cloudy and all the rest of the regulars pulled in..Lorin, Craig Enid and co. We rode pretty steady from 9:00 to about 7 ish then had a rematch at the HS buffet. I will be civil and not point out some of the lurid details of the weekend, but I can say that the Gas Gas did not foul a plug, actually ran good through it all. Had a good time, thanks to the Lockwood clan for having us. :moon:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I also want to thank everyone for the great hospitality and food.
Bryan and Bradley still have not stopped talking about their creek crossing adventures even though they originally thought the best part of the weekend was going to be the race at Ponca.

I really liked the grass track also and I promise the next time we are down I will do more trails as long as the creeks aren't quite so full...

Thanks again and it was really nice to meet everyone. I took a few pictures and will post a few when they are developed.

Last edited:

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
I hope that all of you at some point in your lives get to have some friends like the Lockwoods. I also will leave out many details to protect the not-so-innocent, but I will say the moon was out very early on Sunday.

Top Bottom