Jun 27, 2000
Anyone know if a person can get a fork leg> the bottom part
re-chromed? It has a nick in it. If so who do I need to send it to? Or would bying a new bottom part of a fork be better. It is on a yamaha 400.

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I don't know alot but if no one else is going to respond...I know you can get it re-chromed but don't know anything else about it.

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Factory connnection will get them titanium nitrided for you. It's supposed to be more slippery than chrome (and looks really trick) but you should get both legs done the same.

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I would love to but...I am not sure if I'm going to have a bike, and not sure if I can miss an entire week of school. I should have a new bike by then but who knows. And it depends what is going on that week in school and if my teachers are nice or not :) We will have to see, but I want to meet so many of you. Like I said, That is what I think I heard. Either way it would cost a lot less to just have the one fork leg re-chromed.

Jun 27, 2000
Ya im sure you are right. Tooooo much cash . Your not all that far from here. I only live about an hour away from where they are having it at.
Good place to ride. Maybe you will have a bike by then.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Guys,
TI coating is only for good tubes.. It is a high temp plasma process that is not cost efficent for most people. It will not add OD and only works on near new tubes.

As for the rechroming you can have your ol tube reground and then coated and finsish ground. This is not cos effective one beacuse it is exspensive and to the labor to remove the axle bracket is rather substanital.

The set screw has to be removed and the end threaed off. Its a tuff job and the diffrence between a new tube and repair is just not worth the effort.

Regards,
Jer

Polish it out or replace it. It is amazing to me what a fork seal can take, at other times one little peice of grit and the seal will leak like a seive..Funny world...

Top Bottom