Zee

Jan 23, 2002
Any opinions on mid range priced boots? (< $200) I am looking to buy some middle of the line boots (Gaerne RX2, Alpinestar M4, etc..) and was hoping for some opinions on the different models available.

Thx,
Zee

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
The M-4s give you the best bang for your $$ IMO.
Do a search and you'll find lots of info on this topic.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
You might as well save up the extra $80 and get some Sidi or Tech 8s (Sidi IMO). I've owned the M4s, and Tech 6, Tech 8, and now the Sidi Force Flex SRS. The M4s where probably the most uncomfortable boot I've owned. Except for some off brand boots (I can't even remember the name) I owned in the mid 80s. I couldn't believe they were made by Alps. Spend the extra money, and you won't be dissapointed.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wraith,
That is the first time I've heard any negative on the M4's.
I enjoy them very much. Fit great and are good quality. For the money they are very hard to beat.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Jaybird, mabey it was just me. Or mabey it was a bad boot that was made, and I just happened to buy it. I dunno. But I do know that they were the most uncomfortable ones I've worn. And you could just look at water, and your feet would be wet.

Darby

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2001
I am with Wraith on the M4's. They feel ok while you ride or sit on the tailgate, but M4's are no walking shoe. And yes,
if there is water on the trail your feet will be wet.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom