ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Anyone know about the mid-south hare scrambles? I was thinking of trying a race or two, but I haven't raced on dirt yet. I didn't want to get into anything to complicated. Just looking for some extra excitement! :laugh: I'm 39 yrs old and ride a crf230(not terribly fast, but fun to ride). I don't know what class I would be in, probably the one most likely not to get run-over in. :uh:

Last edited:

bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
ChopperDave,

The Mid-South hare scrambles series are very well put together events. They have a winter series ( 13 + or - races)and a summer camp (7 - 9 races). The average 300 + bikes in the winter and 200-250 in the summer. with bar code scoring.

If it will be your first race, ride the beginner class. Also, if you are planning of racing you may want to hit the summer series since there won't be as many people.

The web site for the mid-south is www.msws.org it will have all the info you need.

brown

trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
Actually, if you are experienced at riding even somewhat, the "C" classes are more suited to not being run over. The beginners will ride like crazy at the beginning of the race (watch out at the first turn) then slow down into the race except for the straight stretches. Can you say wide open? Anyway, the series is very well run and organized. Most of the tracks are challenging but fun. There is a race this Sunday near Linton, KY or just West of Cadiz. It is supposed to be a good course, around 10.5 miles long. If you go, good luck. I'm planning on riding it also.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
TRSRDR;
Thats great that you will be there this weekend. What class do you run in? I have been riding all my life, since about 4yrs old. I know I can do a good run, but being on a crf230, I won't be that competitive. I promise I can make that little 230 go!!!! I can't wait to run with all those other bikes!!! But we'll see how many folks are in the way! Hopefully I won't be one of them!

Last edited:
Top Bottom