Jan 26, 2007
Hey :nener:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to ' join ' the Midwest forum? I'm not sure what it is , but it has something to do with letting people know where you are from. I would appreciate anyone writing back to me and letting me know.
Thanks alot!
Bye-
Ann :)

P.S. I am from Kansas City , Missouri

AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
Welcome Ann

You are now in the midwest dirtriders club.

Where do you ride? What type of riding do you do, mx, trail, etc?

I have not ridden much the last 2 seasons but recommitting myself this year and my oldest son is showing a renewed interest to dirtriding so getting out should be easier.

Post when and where you are riding and I will do the same. I will try to get others to do it as well. We are an informal group of NTAC's.

Best regards

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2007
KC Missouri

Hey AgentOrange ,
I ride on trails but I am going to ride on MX tracks this summer. Whenever weather starts warming up! I usually ride on my Grandpa's farm which used to be a motocross track back in the 80's. I'd like to meet people around my location to ride bikes with. I really don't know anybody at all that rides. I can't wait until spring/summer I hate staying inside and not riding my bike. If you or anybody ever goes riding let me know , cuz' I'm in. I bought my bike in October , I like it alot. Next time I buy a bike I am buying a 125 though. I wanted a 125 but I couldn't find any for sale when I had the money. I bought a 2005 cr85r. The 125 would have been too tall for me to reach the ground but I'm sure I could manage to ride one.
:) Well , I better go for now. Got some things to do.
How old is your son? and where are you from? I'm from south kansas city , and I'm 22. Talk later!
Bye-
Ann

rohleder149

Oct 11, 2006
welcome Ann!!!
i, too, am from kansas city. not too much trail riding in the area, but there are some good motocross tracks. it's always cool seeing girls get into riding. we'll have to hit a track sometime

Last edited by a moderator:

Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
Hey KC people!
Ann there are a few trails around here you just have to drive about an hour or two. But htey are going to open up an orv park by the airport-152 and K HWY. My wife rides but she is a very fair weather rider. Also my friends wife rides,neither do the track though. Did you go to the areana cross at hale? The track was very unimpressive but he womens class was awsome(NO joke I wouldnt want to have been in it!). Anyway I plan on posting some times when we start riding againwhen it warms up. Keep an eye on this site its very good!

Jan 26, 2007
Hello

Motoracer3 ,
Hey , no I didn't go to the arena. I looked it up and it says its for tonight? I'm not going though. I took my younger brothers and sister out skating last nite. That's another one of my hobbies ( in the winter! ) It keeps me busy anyways. I am sore from skating. I had a few accidents.. Are u going to the arena? I can't wait til it warms up outside too. I rode my bike awhile back out in the cold and ended up with the flu. I'll keep an eye out on here to see when people ride and where at. I went and seen the track at Merwin , like a week ago. Its about 100 miles ( to and from ) where we live. That's cool that your wife rides. My husband rides ( or putts around ) on my bike lol... It's his first time on a bike. I don't putt around , I'm always going fast. By theway what is an ORV PARK??
I've never heard of that before. Well , I hope it gets warm outside one of these days.. Until then take care.
Bye-

Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
The deal tonight is freestyle no racing. Its cool until you see the 13 guy doing the 13 seat grab of the night. The racing was a couple weeks ago. Like I say you didnt miss much(IMO).
I have been awake for 32 hours so Im scaterbrained.OOHHH YYYEEEAAAHHHH ok I know get your husband to buy a bike. The ORV=off road vehicle. where do you live again were in Liberty. OK Im lost again maybe 2morrow.........

Jan 26, 2007
Hi there

Just got home from skating. We're from South Kansas city.
Whenever we got the money I plan on buying a 125. Probably YZ because thats what I wanted in the first place but I ended up with a cr85r. I enjoy the cr85r but I really need a 125. I'll let my husband have the 85 once I get done buying stuff for it and setting it up the way I want it ( not only cosmetic but running wise too ) He has never rode a bike before so it's all he really needs lol.... I'm amazed with all the power the 85 has though. It's pretty powerful. I don't know how many hours I have been awake all I know is that I couldn't sleep last nite due to accidents at the skating rink. I was so sore it kept me up all night. The blisters hurt pretty bad ( on my foot ) Hopefully my wounds will heal up fast ha ha ha..... I didn't know the race was whenever it was. I've never been to a race and probably won't ever go. Why? probably because I have other ways to waste my money with ( buying stuff for my bike really ) I'm not much of a watcher , just a rider. I'll talk to you later. I'm pretty tired but looks like it will be quite awhile before I can go to sleep. I'm watching my younger brothers and younger sister for my parents tonight. Going to go watch movies now.
Take care.
Bye-

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Kevin003 said:
I wouldn't mind being added also. I mostly ride trails and a little bit of track. I'm from Woodstock, Illinois

Hey you're like 30 mins from my house! Let me know if you ever want to get together and ride.. :nod:

David Rocci

Apr 6, 2007
Kevin & Scratch: You guys are far up north. Where do you ride?

I'm in the far southwest 'burbs and ride in Joliet and Ottawa. You guys ever make it down this way? It's starting to warm up now!

David Rocci
Chicago 'burbs
2003 Suzuki RM250

Scratch

May 10, 2005
David Rocci said:
Kevin & Scratch: You guys are far up north. Where do you ride?

I'm in the far southwest 'burbs and ride in Joliet and Ottawa. You guys ever make it down this way? It's starting to warm up now!

David Rocci
Chicago 'burbs
2003 Suzuki RM250

David-

I'm pretty far up North but planning alot of trips to Buffalo this year. Joliet isn't too bad for me at all, used to go to Autobahn all the time for roadracing sportbikes. There's some good stuff to ride up here as well, maybe you can make it up sometime.

Frickin' snow coming, believe that?

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Oops gave you the wrong email addy, contact me at:

velocityvic at mchsi.com

Forgot this was the only forum you have to pay to get private messaging. My subscription just ended so email me directly at the address above and we'll go from there

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
hellaciouscr85r said:
Just got home from skating. We're from South Kansas city.

Where at in South KC? I lived in Grandview and went to college at Longview Com. College. Grandview was nice as long as you went to the ATM to get cash before dark! I lived there from 1991 to 1993 it was fun and scary at the same time. Sorry to hijack the thread but I say South KC and brought back memories. Thanks Late Rob

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
hey guys im from byron IL if youve never heard of it its like 25 min. south of rockford theres a pretty nice track here but i havent raced at it yet. im gettin my bike this summer if anyone lives close by pm me or email me

foxracinggirl

Feb 15, 2007
CRBOY167 ,
We live off of hillcrest ( right by the bannister mall , or what's left of it. )
It's a quiet neighborhood around here. Grandview and ATM? Grandview doesn't bother me at all. I guess I just don't get creeped out. Lived in the city most of my life.
Used to live in Lee's Scummit until I moved a little over a year ago to KC. I like KC a lot more than Lee's Scummit. Do you go riding? If so , where do you ride at?
We're going riding this weekend down in Merwin , Lou is coming after us.
I just put a top end in my bike , never done one before and it wasn't hard at all.
Can't wait until Saturday!! Maybe we'll see you there. I forgot all about this thread and didn't know you posted. JDMXRACER , not sure where you live , but we live in KC , I'd have to check to see how far away you are from us. Are you going to ride trails or track or? I'm always looking for new friends!! Take care everyone, Talk later!

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
foxracinggirl said:
CRBOY167 ,
We live off of hillcrest ( right by the bannister mall , or what's left of it. )
It's a quiet neighborhood around here. Grandview and ATM? Grandview doesn't bother me at all. I guess I just don't get creeped out. Lived in the city most of my life.

About the Atm thing when I lived in Grandview there was a problem with people getting robbed at Atm's at night. On the news they were telling us not to use the Atm's after dark and if you did have a couple people with you. I enjoyed my time in the KC area you just brought back some memories. I live in the St Louis area if you guys ever want to come this way to ride let me know. Thanks Later Rob

THORmx_nucca

Apr 15, 2007
Woots! I'm from Olathe, KS. (Near Overland Park)
I'm going up to Merwin on Saturday to practice and racing on Sunday.
'05 CR125 # 205. I'm pretty young though.. 14 years old. =P

foxracinggirl

Feb 15, 2007
Motoracer13 ,
I'll look for you and say Hi. I'll also say Hi to you too ThorMX! It would be nice to meet new friends that ride!! I have a younger brother that is 14. I'm 22. I'm hoping for a great time tomorrow!! And to meeting you guys! Tomorrow will be my second time at Merwin and I'm ready to ride!

CRBOY167 ,
I think I remember something about the ATM's but not for sure. I don't really watch the news. We drove by ( and past ) St. Louis last summer. If we ever go up that way , I'll let you know so we can go riding. That'd be cool. KC is ' okay ' The best part that I like about this area is that it's not too far from Gates BBQ!! Delicious!!!!!!! Has any of you guys ate there before??? Well , see you guys tomorrow!! Take care!

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
foxracinggirl said:
The best part that I like about this area is that it's not too far from Gates BBQ!! Delicious!!!!!!! Has any of you guys ate there before??? Well , see you guys tomorrow!! Take care!

You mean Hi May I Help You!!! (and yell that as loud as you can) Eat there many times great place. Yeah let me know if you come this way. I dont know when of if I will get to KC to ride but I will post if I do. Late Rob

foxracinggirl

Feb 15, 2007
lol you got that right about the ' Hi may I help you ' while they scream that at you lol.... It's my favorite place to eat out at. Besides Margarita's in Martin City , I think?
Delicious , but expensive. I've ate there twice. We went riding today. It was packed there. I stayed off of the main track because it was way too packed for me and I would have got killed out there. I've only rode on that track twice now. We rode on the other track they have there and we went trail riding. I've never trail rode before. It's a lot of fun , but omg I had my bike stuck in mud as tall as my bike and I had to push my bike out of the mud , twisted the gear shifter , had a friend of Lou's straighten it out for me , then fell off of the bike a few other times while riding the trail. It was very muddy! After we trail rode we rode on the track by the main track.
I was doing real good , until I crashed on that track. I am not sure how I landed.
When I was almost at the end of sliding with the bike , my head hit the ground.
But.... I wasn't hurt!!!! I got hurt worse riding the trails lol...
I'm not sure what I bent , I know the handlebars are bent and the wheel is crooked and not lined up straight when the bars are turned straight. I had a fun time though today!! I tried to look for # 205 and # 13 no luck! I'm sure you seen me. I was on a 05 honda cr85r , # 3 , black backgrounds white # 3 , was wearing the fox honda gear and red fox chest protector. Oh , don't forget the mud! We was all covered in mud , even Lou!!! I hope to see you guys another time at the track , with it being so packed I couldn't find you guys there. Maybe sometime we all can meet up and go riding.
That would be cool. I think all of us had fun today. Didn't we?!?!? lol
Hey Louis , I already have my bike all cleaned. How about you? lol
I was going to ask you if you wanted to stay and wash your bike off , because I got out the pressure washer and cleaned my bike off. It'll be ready for the next time we go riding. I guess that's all for now , I need to go see what's bent on my bike!
Talk later!!

Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
didnt get to make to Merwin. Went wakeboarding at the lake then sun watched a buddy brake his collar bone and it wasnt even on the freestyle ramp. Sad thing is he broke the other side of his collar bone at Merwin in late October.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Motoracer13 said:
didnt get to make to Merwin. Went wakeboarding at the lake then sun watched a buddy brake his collar bone and it wasnt even on the freestyle ramp. Sad thing is he broke the other side of his collar bone at Merwin in late October.

gees the worst thing ive got wakeboarding is a bloody nose

Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
Wow i must have been tired when i wrote that cause it didnt make sense. I wakeboarded on sat. On sun we were riding and my buddy overhot a jump and endo-ed. I meant he didnt brake his bones on the freestyle ramp. Try to get what I mean not what I say(thats what I tell my wife)!

Top Bottom