JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Couple of rambling in no specific order for ya...

Miller Canyon to Deep Creek and possibly beyond.

Minimum 40 miles. I have ran all these trails when I had my RM250 with a stock 2.2 tank with no problems.

2 strokers: bring some oil in a small bottle and the 4 strokers can give you some fuel if needed.

Need adventure pass for your parked vehicle

Need spark arrestor on your bike and some sort of registration.

Meet at McDonalds at 8am on the corner of the 15 & 138 freeway. From the 15 north exit at highway 138 Lake Silverwood exit. Make a right and then another right. Go down the road to McD's. Trail head is approx 20 minutes from McD's.

Watch for traffic....oncoming and crossing.

Please wait at the trail splits for the guy behind you.

Its dry and dusty.

Dont forget your water.

I have a map of the area. If anybody would like one let me know. I can copy it at work.

I will be in a white Ranger Extracab with a blue WR.

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
40 miles? Think the 01 RM can do that? Hope I don't get my premix and water mixed up!:scream:

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
im with you Elk, 40 miles is getting boarder line empty with the KX, but if RmJeff says we can make it, im game. i'll be one sore puppy though :0
the spark arrestor should be here thursday, it better be!!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Now you guys are making me nervous. How about filling up a water bottle and duct taping it to your front fenders. Heck I will even volunteer to tape one onto mine. We can empty the bottles about 8 miles in and then go from there.

Hows that sound?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by Kx Steve H

i believe i read a post mentioning that you can get an adventure pass at a gas station near mc D's, will i be able to get a pass the day of the ride?

There is a Chevron next to McDonalds that sells the passes. I just bought a year pass last weekend. If you are worried about them being sold out you can stop at the am/pm on Sierra Highway & 15 by Lytle Creek and get one.

$5.00 for a day pass
$30.00 for a year pass

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds good jeff, I'll bring some sort of in flight refueling bottle for the Zuki. :D They had plenty of passes last time we bought them there, should be fine.

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Another place to get the adventure pass is at one of the big sporting goods stores. I got mine at a Sports Mart, but I would think Big 5 would probably have them too.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
if you are looking are for a fuel storage bottle the wife came up with a good idea, use an old charcoal lighter fluid bottle, the bigger one holds 2+ quarts. low tech but should work.... back to mounting......

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by Kx Steve H
back to mounting......

I have some 1" duct tape at work I can bring. We should be able to tape them to the front fenders up against the front # plate. Just dont fall and all should be good.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Wooo Hooo....... Momma gave me a kitchen pass.... And I only had to beg for an hour....... :moon:

I'll be at McD's at 7:59 Sharp...... :)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Im going to set every alarm in the house. I can only imagine the grief I would get If I were late.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:):) So let's have a roll call!

Elk....

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
I'm in.

Will be bringing the XR Valdeze. Lots of extra gas. No charge for the gas, but siphon hose rental just went up. :scream: :) :)

Ol'89r

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
89'r- Have you heard the Bud Light commercial for the used car salesman. It has a line that goes something like this.." Thats not oil on the ground its sweat from all the horsepower"

Reminds me of old XR Valdeze

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff
Thats not oil on the ground its sweat from all the horsepower"

Reminds me of old XR Valdeze

:) :) I'll have to remember that one. :) :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You, remember something, better write it down!:):):moon:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
My wrist is still jacked up and I have yet to try and fix my subframe, so no go for me. :(

On the bright side I'm heading to the river with bundy and our bikini crew for the weekend. Just because I can't crack open the throttle doesn't mean that I can't crack open a beer. :)

Have fun.

Top Bottom