a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The SoCal Group got together yesterday at Miller Canyon. 12 psychos turned out for the fest. RMJeff, who needs to check the LOCAL weather cause he said it'd be around 84 degrees, NOT. How's 100 sound?!

There were some new riders to the group Triston and KXsteve I believe and it was great to have them along. A mix of about 3 2 strokers and the rest were sally 4 strokers, even one with an electric start!

They finally were able to get me more than 100 yards from my elk, turned out to be a bad thing. I'll get to that later. We took off with Jeff leading the group. If you weren't riding the guys tire ahead of you, you were in deep dusty poopoo!

After a short stop God knows where along the trail, I noticed 89er had a torn jersey and some blood splaters. Along with the torn DRN fender sticker:scream: We had a short ceremony and prayed to the mighty Okie and asked for forgiveness, then all was good agian. I told 89er I was sorry to hear he crashed, sorry that I didn't see it that is!:)

Along the ride, I noticed a flying extra gas container, (I packed it, along with a few waters in a back pack). The little bugger flew over my head and landed on the trail. I stopped and noticed I'd lost my water and another gas container. Not a good thing!:|

Well, we continued along, enjoying the slicing and dicing of the single track. We came to a rock climb and watched as some jeep folks tried to traverse the knarly stuff. We wroke our way through it and made our way farther away from the elk. We must have rode at least 300 miles, give or take! My water supply in the body seemed to be ruinning short. Thankfully for the group we had, everyone was more than willing to keep the elkster watered. Can't say thank you enough for that my friends.:D

On our ride back, Desert Racer and I began a fun little race down the road. The first little detour the Zuki took was all Desert's fault cause his electric start KTM kicked up wayyy to much dust on a 4 inch trail! I took a little off course detour down a gully then reappeared up on the other side. We continued the firendly race down a road and low and behold, POOF! A Ford Bronco was heading the other direction!: I hit the brakes and stopped short of becoming a hood ornament.

Well we finally made it back after we split up on the return trip. I took the fireroad back with Jeff cause I was feeling sick to my stomach with the little water intake I was getting. He got us back and I hit the ground. I heard, "Hey look, it's elk and he's lying motionless on the dirt." I wasn't exactly motionless but I did enjoy lying on my back for about an hour and a half!! And of course Desert Racer wanted to take advantage of the situation and put a rainbow stiker on the back of the elk!:moon:

All in all, it was a great ride, except for my return trip. The dehydration set in and I paid dearly for it. Again, I want to say thanks for the help you guys did when I was down. I'll do that ride again, this time I'm getting a camelback, maybe two! Thanks!

Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk

After a short stop God knows where along the trail, I noticed 89er had a torn jersey and some blood splaters. Along with the torn DRN fender sticker:scream: We had a short ceremony and prayed to the mighty Okie and asked for forgiveness, then all was good agian. I told 89er I was sorry to hear he crashed, sorry that I didn't see it that is!:)

Elk

Ha, thanks for bringing that up elk. Actually I figured since Scar always gets all the glory, I would get that out of the way right off the bat. Did it about two miles from the truck. :scream: Gonna have to call Okie and see what kind of warrenty there is on those stickers.

Thanks to RMJeff for puting the ride together and being our guide. Newby to the Crew, KXSteve did very well considering the conditions and looked just fetching in his pink tutu. Other newby, Tristan seemed unfazed by the conditions and did very well on his immaculate CR.

Boodac, glad I finally got to meet you. You flat fly on that Kawi.

Thanks to oldanslo for guiding us on the return trip. That was some awesome single track Greg.

About half way home I noticed this big football looking thing growing on my elbow. Reminded me of the Bark's Hard Lemonaid commercial where the guy has an extra head growing out of his shoulder. :scream:

By the time I got home, it looked like there was a nose and a little chin forming on it. Got some ice on it. All's good now.

All in all, another great day with a great bunch of people.

Can't wait for the next one. ;)

Ol'89r

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
My ride started to fall apart when the rear brake started to boil (mostly on the fire roads), leaving me with no rear brake (zippo-nada), until I stopped and let it cool. This caused me to take a trip over the bars (once) when I grabbed too much front brake. I'm a habitual rear brake dragger, so I'll have remember to keep fresh fluid and pads in the rear.

This, however, was no excuse for the way I rode through the boulder section. Put a rock or two in front of me, and I act like Kramer (Seinfeld), only not half as funny. The key is keeping forward momentum, but I always stop to size up the situation. Gotta stop doing that. :debil:

On the way back, I ran out of water, but I still took the trails instead of the fire roads. Soon after, I could sense that I was about to hit a wall, and it kind of freaked me. :eek:

When we got back, the ground looked bright and shimmery and was moving around a little - I hope I wasn't staggering around too badly. :scream: This is the first time I've had heat/dehydration "sickness", but I didn't think it would happen in the mountains. At first, I thought it was because I took my medication that morning (for that first time in months) and it threw me off, but then I began to think the unthinkable - I was getting old and feeble :ugg: .

A few minutes later, I discovered that Elk had an even worse case than I did. Suddenly, I felt 15 years younger :)

Thanks for the gas and trailside assistance, the soda, the ice and the help loading my bike (you know who you are).

Last edited:

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
Heat exhaustion is not a pretty thing.... I suffered a case a few weeks back... Definately need to invest in a CamelBack.... That's the only thing that saved me....

Elk, you should know better than to leave your bike unattended... Elk is lying on the ground suffering from heat exhaustion and your buddies slap on a rainbow sticker.... That is funny!!! At least they made sure you were OK first... LOL...

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Now that was flat out fun. In the beginning, as we started heading up the road I started seeing the water bottles and items along the trail. I was thinking, who in the world would want to litter and leave there stuff out here in the middle of no where? It wasnt until I got behind Elk and was dodging flying projectiles that I figured out who and why? I figured I was the semi newbie and Elk just wanted to use me for target practice.
As the ride progressed and we all made it to the turn around point I was thinking "were going back"? Of course about half way on the return trip I was glad we headed back when we did. The heat really took its toll on just about everyone.
Some of the motorcycle acrobatics I saw along the way from some were first rate. Of course yours truely, not wanting to be out done was no exception to an acrobat routine of his own. Here I was within maybe a mile from the staging area on the return trip heading down a dirt road of all things when the dirt turned to pavement for one corner. Now talk about ice skating with a motorcycle. As that bike slipped out from under me I could only think of two things. First and foremost was "this is gonna hurt" and secondly, "Im going to be road kill as OL89er runs my butt over". Dont ask me how but I escaped without a scratch. Ol89er must of had a good laugh seeing me panic as he approached with his man eating XR. Of course yours truely looked like a deer caught in the headlights as the crew stopped, saw that I was fine, and motored on down the road. It was great finally meeting Ol89er, Elkster and the rest of the Crew. With the exception of the heat, the ride was a blast. Special thanks for Jeff for putting together a great ride.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
It was a great day indeed. Hey I just noticed this cool looking new icon :yeehaw:. Oh sorry, now where was I?

Have to say it was another great SoCal Wrecking Crew ride. Or maybe I should say Wretching crew cause that's what I was doing that evening from the heat stroke I got from that 84 degree mountain ride. I think it was more like 184 degrees..... Jeff

It was great to see some new faces out there. I hope KxSteve comes back out and rides with us again after the punishment the poor guy endured.

And Triston it was good to have you out. Damn that truck is big. You need to invest in a 20 foot ramp so you can load your bike without an army.

Thanks to RMJeff and Old n Slo for watching out for us and keeping us on the right track.

Elk... Don't be blaming my lectic start on your inability to ride... :moon: Come on ever and join the dark side my friend. 4-smoke with lectric start. Don't get no better than that ..... :yeehaw:

See you boys on the next outing...

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Good ride reports guys.

I had a great time. :yeehaw:

What else to add? Deep Creek ain't so deep any more. I'm always scared of that crosssing. But when its ankle deep, no problem. If that water Tee picked up on the trail was yours Elk Thanx. It was hot but tasted good.

Can't wait till the next ride.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
That water was strategically placed by me so I could grab it on the retrun trip! :):):D

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Posted by The Elkster
That water was strategically placed by me so I could grab it on the retrun trip!

Well you could have picked it up if you wouldn't have been a big :whiner: and ridden the trails home instead of the road... :moon:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Listen Lectric start boy, how's that thumb from startin that sally machine so much!?:moon: And anyway, I didn't have a seat to sit on since I sucked it up when that Ford took me head on!:)

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Yeah.. I thought you were going to be hanging on somebody's wall after that little fiasco.... :scream: Talk about your eye opening experiences....

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I swear weather.com forecasted 84 degrees for Saturday.

I had a great time Saturday. Thanks to all who showed up. We definitely need to do it again.

Desertracer- Thanks for taking over on lead. I enjoyed the clean air while I had it but you were just to dang fast for me.

When's the next Phelan run?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
PHELAN! PFFFFT! Beaumont at 0600 and out by 1100!:):D In a couple of weeks I hope.

Twinkie, you better get outta out club house, no chicks allowed!:yeehaw:

Tee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Water..... Help......Need Water!
What an awesome ride. Let's do it again when it's about 80 degrees cooler!
Sucked the last of my water relax'n at Deep Creek on the way back... Oops!
I opted for the single track on the return trip. Great ride, except for that one left hander... Tree.... Rut....Now the Pumpkin's head'n the wrong way and I'm flat on my :moon:. After picking up the 200, minus part of the clutch lever, I was done. No water, extremely hot and now tired, I kinda putted along behind everyone all the way back.
I hope that was water and not 2 smoke fuel that Elk dropped cuz I drank it. It was 210 degrees, but it kept me and oldandslo alive.

Until next time...

Tee

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Tee
Water..... Help......Need Water!
Great ride, except for that one left hander... Tree.... Rut....Now the Pumpkin's head'n the wrong way and I'm flat on my :moon:. ...

Tee

Tee.

That was pretty funny. :) I thought you were gonna nail that tree at first and then looked like you changed your mind at the last second. :scream:

Then I saw the rut and realized you really didn't have a choice. ;) Thanks for the entertainment.

Twinny.

Sorry, no pictures, but that would have been our chance with the mighty Elk laying prone on the ground and Desert-Racer putting the rainbow sticker on his elk. BAAAAWWWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ol'&swollen

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Did I miss something. That is the second reference to me putting a rainbow sticker on elk's bike or cruck.

Did somebody vandalize the Elkster property.... If they did and I missed it I'm gonna be :think: :ugg: :whiner:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
No, we just can't post what you REALLY said whilst I lay bleedingon the ground!:)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Twinkie, you better get outta out club house, no chicks allowed!:yeehaw:

You best show yourself to the door as well. Flaming Fruits aren't allowed either. :scream:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Im not sure, but that bottle that Tee and Old found sure looked a little on the tinted side when I saw it. Not so sure that was Elks water. I was thirsty but not that desperate at that point. But I must admit, I was like a camel headed for water about half way back.
Of course when we got back it looked like a bunch of you were reading Elk his last rights as you stood over his lifeless body.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks for the support Boodac!:D

Twinkie, you're gonna get it if you don't GET OUT!! No Texas fruits in here, you hear me!? :yeehaw: Jumpin banana's:):)

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Twinkie, you're gonna get it if you don't GET OUT!! No Texas twits in here, you hear me!?

What a whiney nancy you are. You go into an offroad ride completely unprepared and pull a drama queen stunt. Playing dead... :|

Forget the rainbow sticker.... they should have slapped a big "L" sticker on your forehead while you were flopping around on the ground and acting pitiful. Wussy! :moon:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by desert_racer
Did I miss something. That is the second reference to me putting a rainbow sticker on elk's bike or cruck.

Did somebody vandalize the Elkster property.... If they did and I missed it I'm gonna be :think: :ugg: :whiner:

No you didn't miss anything.

I was trying to torture him but was out voted a he was curled up in the fetal postion and all. Sqeel like a pig elky boy!

After helpng to zip tie a sleeping Bundy to the chair at our last outing, I thought the circle of fire around Elk would've fit right in.

Rex After you bolted Elky hit the ground. We waited till he came around, as we didn' t have a spare driver for his rig. Maybe an Hour or Two.

I don't know wha tyou guys are whinning about, When we got home I went to a blockparty/ BBQ. Beers and Motrin kept me running until 130 AM that night. :yeehaw:

Sunday however was a little ugly. :uh:

Top Bottom