buddy12051

Jun 8, 2003
I receantly bought my son a pw50. He is doing great for two months of ridings. We ride at our local motocross track in Milton, Fl.
Come to find out my 8yr old daughter is just as interested. Just curious if anyone has any input into what bike to get. I was thinking of going with KTM, Cobra, Polini type bike. I'll take any info I can get good or bad.

stu182

~SPONSOR~
Dec 11, 1999
How tall is she? You might want to look into a kx 60, If she wants to race. If she's just into riding you may want to go with something like a pw-80.
most ama races run a 7-8 50cc class and a 7-11 60-65cc class. All depends on what you want to do.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I would get a beginner bike like which ever xr fits her. xr 80, xr70 or a suzuki or kawi 110 (the size of a 60, but mild). etc.. Starting her off on a 60 or race 50 can be intimidating as those are fairly pipey bikes!

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
another thing to think of is being 8 she will only have this year on a 50. next year she will age out. I'd think of the kx65 if she is going to race. its the tamest 65 out there and she can ride til 11 in that class. The four strokes are decent play bikes but after the first time at the track you kid will be bored stiff on them. they are NOT track bikes unless your using them for a pit bike.
and once your little one gets tired of the pw50 try the cobra pw3. its not as crazy fast as the cm and the price is $1000 less.

200Proof1

Mar 30, 2003
Another thing to look at is, how deep are your pockets & how much time to you want to spend wrenching on a bike? With the Cobra, KTM & Polini you will spend every spare dime & every spare minute on the bike...trust me, I have a son that races a KTM 50. These racing 50's are non stop money pits that need a LOT of maintenance.

If she can fit on a 60 or 65 and is not intimadated by it, I would go that way.

Top Bottom