RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
BTW, my 42 pilot that I was using is my cool weather jetting. I had to put a 45 in yesterday.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
thx...it was quite cool when I tried the 42 also. Whatever is wrong is definitely not jetting. I'm hoping Eric can find something SPECIFIC because I was at a dead end.

mxgene

May 9, 2005
Interesting read. I live in Livermore and just sent out my CR250 cylinder for the Mo' Better porting as well. Hopefully I don't have the same issues. However, I already run VP110 so going to race gas is not an issue.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Runs good. Not as big a difference as I had hoped but its got better throttle response. I didn't go for the race gas porting so the gains would have been alot better. I have gotten used to it so I don't remember exactly how big a difference it was. I do remember being scared of the bike for a couple months. It revved out too fast for me. In stock form I would run a 52 tooth sprocket for a SX track I raced at but with porting a 51 tooth sprocket took getting used to on the same track. Very rev happy is only way i can describe it.

But I'm fine with it now. It is much more sensitive to temp. changes though. I never changed the jetting in stock form even if filter was dirty and it was 100 degrees. It ran pretty much the same. Now a dirty filter and cold/hot temps affect it alot.

Top Bottom