ChrisK7

Mar 1, 2004
I'm planning a trip to the Moab UT. area in April from the 18th to the 24th and was wondering if anyone could point out some good places to ride, IE, trials, etc.
I will be taking the 525 EXC and the quads with the self contained camp trailer so a full service camp ground (or any campground) isn't necessary.
I've never been down there so I'm not too familiar with the area. I've been doing a lot of looking on the web for info and found some about the trail systems etc. but it is kind of vague about just where you can ride and what is required legally.
Can you ride on any or all the jeep trails or bike trials?
From what I've read, there are some mountain trails not too far away also. Would just like to go check out the whole area and know where the best places are to ride dirt bikes and quads in both mountain trails or open areas, doesn't matter.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Check out the Utah Trail Machine Assn website at www.utma.net they have some pretty good stuff there. They typically do a big group ride out of Moab the last weekend in April. It's a great way to meet people and get a good loop ride in. Quads could be a bit challenging in Moad with all the off-chamber stuff and rock steps. The 10-mile wash area out of Green River may be more suitable for quads. The San Rafel Swell area is really cool, too and has some quad friendly stuff. For the hardcore dirt bike riders, the Five Miles of Hell trail is in the San Rafel. It's part of the incredible trail system built by the famous (infamous?) Dick Brass. The trail is actually about 8 miles long, pretty technical and an absolute hoot! I'm wearing my official "I Survived the Five Miles of Hell" jersey right now!

Top Bottom