directional

Jan 20, 2007
Ok so here are my plans for modding my KX80 .. I figure I will give some information about myself first so you can see why and where I'm going with this.

I am 20 years old, new to riding, 5'2, and weigh 127 lbs. My friends ride KX125, RM250 and other big bikes / quads.

I just purchased my bike on new years ( KX80 yr 2000 ) and I am planning my mods... The piston and rings on this are fresh :)

1. V Force 3 Reeds
2. Exhaust Silencer and Pipe Combo
3. 100cc Big Bore

Any suggestions / Anyone do any of this on a similar bike and can let me know how it'll ride? :)

Will the big bore kit effect the realizability of the bike? / What do I do when my top end blows with the 100cc big bore? Do I just get a new sleeve?

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
I think Eric Gorr's big bore uses the Wiseco piston that is readily available. And if you keep up with your maintenance you should not have to replace or sleave the cylinder for many years. The reliablity should be just fine, after all the KX 100 uses the same crankshaft with this size bore and it is a very reliable bike. All of this is on the assumption that you are either using the KX100 top end or are having someone like Eric Gorr do the big bore for you utilizing a plated cylinder. The life span of a sleaved cylinder will be different.

directional

Jan 20, 2007
Yes thats what I have heard.. I contacted Eric and I will be going to do it with him.

The reeds will be a good upgrade right? I mainly ride in the woods which exhaust would be best for me?

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
If you are working with Eric (good choice!) I would use the reeds and pipe that he recomends. Eric will port your cylinder for the type of riding that you do! That is what makes Eric so good, you don't just get what ya get! He will set up the power band to fit your needs. :cool:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
We did a big bore on our KX85 with stock Kawi 100cc parts. I wish I would have sent the 85cc cylinder to Forward Motion for boring and porting instead.

You might look into a spacer for the reed cage and exhaust. That will help bottom end as well for less money than a pipe.

Top Bottom