Bubbarider

Jun 4, 2005
What kind of mods can i put on my xr80 its a 2003. Im kinda new to the "Mechanical" part of dirtbiking. I am getting a fmf powercore 4 pipe for it i just need to know what other mods can i get to make this bike SCREAM. By the way what does the term "rejetting" mean. I know it has something to do with the carberator but i dont know exactly what

-thanks-

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
try an aftermarket airfilter.
the term rejeting refers to adjusting your carburetor so you are getting an equal air fuel mixture. after putting mods on your bike you will probally need to do this.
once you get used to it, it is very simple. look around in some forums and search for "jettin" i'm sure there will be more than enough info . :)

by the way, if you want you xr80 to SCREAM you could also play with the gearing. i forget what stock gearing is, but more teeth on the rear will give you more torque and less top-end. the opposite goes for the front, the smaller in the front will give more pull. changing the front will give you the biggest change over all. i think like one tooth on the front equals about 4 and a half in the rear.

ZeCatfish

Mar 25, 2005
Before worrying about screaming the 80, best learn to use the power it has to the best of your ability.
Second you will need to update the suspension to match an increase in HP. Your work will be for naught if you can't handle the power it makes.
My suggestion is to forget the 80 four stroke once you learn to mater it and get a good MX 2 stroke 80, doesn't matter what you do to the XR it wil never beat a two stroke 65cc or handle as good.
Good luck with your new TOY.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you want that XR80 to really be sweet you will need to ditch the FMF pipe and go with one designed to actually make power and not just more noise and add bling. I'm rally partial to what Thunder Alley offers at www.thunder-alley.net Check out www.xr100.com or www.powroll.com for some good ideas on adding some real power and if you want it as good as it can get check with Eric Gorr & Rich Rohrich at Forward Motion. I've never been so happy that my son bent a valve as when the 95cc beast within was released by the above companies with Rich & Eric's direction.

Top Bottom