bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
We all know oem clutch can't be beat,I was in a pinch and put a moose clutch in my 03 KX 250,I put a lot of hard time on the oem a good 2 yrs. The oem steels were not warped, and measured fine,but they were discolored blue from heat. The fibers were at the service limit 2.8mm.Springs measured 34.9mm standard is 35mm service is 33.6.

I measured the moose plates and springs before installation,the plates really susprised me, they measured the same as oem standard. The springs measured 34.4mm about .5 mm less than standard. I threw them in even though my stock springs were still good. About my 3rd time out at the track roughly 6hrs time on the clutch total,I was getting bad drive coming out of sand corners I passed it off as wheel spin,but then she really slipped.

Clutch basket fine ,center hub fine,pressure plate fine, moose plates fine. I measured the springs new they were 34.4mm they now measued 33.5 all except one which measured 34. In 6 hrs time the springs dropped. .9mm and they were already a .5 mm shorter than oem. I think DP makes them I was in a pinch and put a moose clutch in my 03 KX 250,I put a lot of hard time on the oem a good 2 yrs. The oem steels were not warped, and measured fine,but they were discolored blue from heat. The fibers were at the service limit 2.8mm.Springs measured 34.9mm standard is 35mm service is 33.6.

I measured the moose plates and springs before installation,the plates really susprised me, they measured the same as oem standard. The springs measured 34.4mm about .5 mm less than standard. I threw them in even though my stock springs were still good. About my 3rd time out at the track roughly 6hrs time on the clutch total,I was getting bad drive coming out of sand corners I passed it off as wheel spin,but then she really slipped.

Clutch basket fine ,center hub fine,pressure plate fine, moose plates fine. I measured the springs new they were 34.4mm they now measued 33.5 all except one which measured 34. In 6 hrs time the springs dropped. .9mm and they were already a .5 mm shorter than oem. Dp makes the springs for moose,but I am not sure who makes the plates for moose.JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
That's too bad. :( Maybe eventually an aftermarket clutch kit will come out that is both inexpensive AND works!

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Studboy said:
That's too bad. :( Maybe eventually an aftermarket clutch kit will come out that is both inexpensive AND works!

The prices of the plates were not cheap,THEY BETTER LAST!! 110.00 FOR THE FIBERS AND 45.00 for the steels. They were about the same price as oem. The springs were only 10.00

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
you should try the TUSK ones from rockymountain- the whole set costs $50, and at least rockymountain give you the $50 back after wasting a morning at the track trying to race wiith them! :)

A friend of mine races pro and is a real clutch abuser- he has had good results with the high end Barnett kit on his CRF450- that said, he gets a decent discount and can swap them out every 8 weeks.

Top Bottom