More Calve Room - Flex Force or Tech 8

cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
I know these two boots have been compared until no end, but I'm not asking which is better -- I just need to know which one offers more room for my large (17+) calves. I bought a pair of Sidi Force Flex and they dont provide enough room to buckle the top strap when I wear my EVS knee/shin guards. Will the Tech 8's provide me enough room or should I buy the Vectors (little worried about the support of this boot) just becuase its my only option.

Thanks

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
You should have enough room in the Tech 8's, but try 'em on anyway. It never hurts. The top buckle on the Sidi's just isn't long enough, and at the time I tried them on about 2 months ago, that's the longest one they make.:mad:

dejackson

Jan 4, 2002
I just bought M6's because the SIDI's did not have enough room for my knee braces. The M6's fit fine and wear almost as good as the SIDI's.

cappra

Feb 8, 2001
I tried the sidi,s with my asterisk braces they were a no go not enough calve room!
Bought a pair of tech 8,s no problem great boot.

cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
You would think a major boot mfg like SIDI would eventually figure this out and offer a boot that fits larger calves. They have a great boot, but it seems to me they lose alot of potential customers due to this problem. Come to think of it, I may jsut call motonation and tell them to read this link.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Like I said before, if they had a longer strap, it'd probably work. The one they have that they consider their 'long' one i s only about 4" long. The fit on everything else was almost perfect. I just don't understand how they can make such good, expensive products, and then balk at making a longer buckle.:think

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I just bought M6's because the SIDI's did not have enough room for my knee braces
What model and size of boot are you talking about?

Flex Force boots over size 9, have an ajustable calf area. I wear Asterisk Cells and the force with 17" calves... and have room to spare. Also, seems I recall hearing that Sidi has longer buckle straps available.

cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
My Flex Force are size 9, but they dont have the extra adjustment in the calve area. The motonation sales rep was dumb founded that my boot did not have this. They are going to fix the boot for me so it will fit, but they are not going to pay shipping costs. Oh well, at least I'll get the boots I want.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I can't get the tech 8's to fit over my calf/kneebrace combo at all. cphillips, I tried the vector and it fit over my calves fine but I didn't like the feel of it, it didn't feel secure to me. I bought the tech 6's, and they fit fine, BTW the brace I use is the EVS rs-6 and it is much bulkier than the asterisks and they still fit fine, hope this helps.

dejackson

Jan 4, 2002
I just tried the SIDI Force in size 45 (10.5) and they do have the adjustable calf area, however, the boots are still not large enough to accomodate XL asterisk knee braces. I called Motonation and asked if they had any other boots that were larger, or longer straps and the answer was no. They did take the boots back and refund my money. I'm wearing Alpinestars now.

Top Bottom