D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Anyone ever up the electrical output on a US version KTM 300 EXC.
I have need a minimum of 60 watts and the stock 300 only puts out 40. The euro bikes put out 110. I understand they are doing this with the same stator and flywheel that is in a 380. Chime in if you have done, or know someone who has.

Thanks

D

euro gasgas

Sponsoring Member
Sep 18, 2001
The guys in sweden are really into night riding - on the gasgas one of the swedes over on the smackover board went to a very heavy duty voltage regulator with adjustable output voltage. It is made by megawatt sweden. He replaced all the bulbs with ones that are rated at 24v and cranked the voltage to 24v to double the output. This was on a euro version gasgas that has the same 110 watt rated lighting stator as the ktm. To meet your need for 60W output - you could adjust voltage to 18v (provided everything else in your system can take it).

Other options for higher rated lighting coils include electrex and Moose; Also if you look on the moose website - they list lighting stators for ktm and gasgas - I believe they have 60W units available.

jeff
'01 gasgas ec300 ohlins forks
www.gasgasrider.org GasGas Rider's Club
www.lt-racing.com GasGas Performance Products

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Thanks Jeff, I had been everywhere else, and hadn't thought about old Dick B's namesake. I will check out the moose. I also have the local KTM dealer running down a 110 watt unit, I am not sure I want the extra flywheel weight.

D.

Top Bottom