bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I threw on a motion pro clutch cable 3 months ago(03 KX250),my adjustment on the lever was starting to give me inconsistent feel.A little loose,then a little tight,IT WAS SPLINTERED AND FRAYED RIGHT AFTER THE PIVOT BALL. My perch is burr free,there is no reason why this cable gave up so soon,well yes there is a reason JUNK. Buy oem.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
FWIW, Motion Pro offers more than one grade of cable. They have a cable with a grey sheathing (I think it is called the T3) that is more expensive and appears to be of very good quality. I've got those on my bike - no problems so far.

Overall, I've been very pleased with Motion Pro parts and tools. Maybe you should call them and see if they will replace it.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
FWIW, Motion Pro offers more than one grade of cable. They have a cable with a grey sheathing (I think it is called the T3) that is more expensive and appears to be of very good quality. I've got those on my bike - no problems so far.

Overall, I've been very pleased with Motion Pro parts and tools. Maybe you should call them and see if they will replace it.

You are correct they do make a T-2 cable ,I was in a pinch and my dealer had one in stock, standard black covering. Regardless it should have not broken down that quick,I already e- mailed them. I do however like there tire irons,but I will always run a oem cable.

Top Bottom