Motorcycle Safety

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
Okay so this thread starts out positive, it happene on the day that I was helping Firecracker move from here house to my place! Yeah we can now cause a whole lot of dirtbikin' trouble, and now there is more cool wheels in the garage.

Anyhow, on our way back just after I exited off the freeway and was proceeding through the intersection a motorcycle cop makes a free right hand turn into the right hand lane. He then suddenly decides to dart in front of my truck, without signaling at all. The weather this day was not exactly spectacular...It just started raining and the roads were pretty darn slick from oil etc. He cut me off so bad that I my tires skidded across the pavement as I braked to slow down. Gosh darnit, he could have easily slipped and fell at the angle he swerved at considering road conditions, and I could have 'fricken run over a police officer!

Sheesh!, of all people who should know about motorcycle safety you would think it would be a police officer on a bike. Where in the heck did he get his motorcycle endorsement? I didn't know whether I should have blown my horn at him or not...however I think he was highly embarrassed for his stupidity as he immediately afterwards turned on his lights and drove down the center lane instead. . . Drove through the light and turned his lights off, the dotard didn't even pull anyone over.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
The thing that you have to remember is that the cop is just like you and I....human. He probably had pressing issues and no, I don't mean that he was trying to get to Krispy Kreme before they closed. What I am saying is that even though he should be a little better than the next guy on the road, he is still allowed to make mistakes.

Now that I have put my positive spin on it......I agree! If you had hit him, you would probably be labeled as a cop killer. That is crap! There was a cop here in Mo several years ago who was tailing a guy with his brights on....this has happened to me several times. The guy was on a country rd and was freaked becasue he did not know it was a cop. So he started going faster. So the cop started chasing him. Then the cop finally put on his flashers and the dude slowed down pretty fast which caused the cop to go off the road and die. They blamed the dude. Take that as you want but I think that cops should have a little more intelligene than that. But who knows. There are always two sides.

and what is a dotard?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
He obviously didn't ride with the CHP, we don't do that, us chimps know better!:)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just caught that, YOU LIVE WITH FIRECRACKER!! Holy cow, she's ummm, well, she's BLOND!! Yeah, that's it.;)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Yep there are now TWO blonde dirt bike chicks living under one roof!!! It kicks ASS. We have so much fun.

I watched the cop do it, as I was in front of DG. He did indeed completely cut her off but through the mirror I could not tell that she had to lock up her brakes. I had a moment of panic when the lights came on but since he went around me and kept going I could breathe again . . . I have financed far too much for Washington state and several of its counties.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Spokane will never be the same! :scream:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by jmics19067

now there just has to be a joke there somewheres

We'll hear about it when the first light bulb goes out or when they try to make that tiger jigsaw puzzle from Frosted Flakes. :eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:) Pat, there isn't a lit bulb in that entire house!:)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
That house is quite "airy".

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by firecracker22
Yep there are now TWO blonde dirt bike chicks living under one roof!!!

All I can say is that they don't have those in Missouri. Girls seem to think dirtbikes are icky here. They ride horses. What is the point? Oh well, the last thing I need is for the gal that just rejected me to blow by me on the track too. Talk about salt in the wound!

:aj: <man I missed that guy the most.

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
Originally posted by beer_stud_76
dotard (doe-terd) N. One whose mind is impaired by age; one in second childhood.
Yep, thats about it...it's also a way to say my god you are stupid but I'll let you get away with it this time. I definately wouldn't want to be labeled a cop killer, I'm just thankful I didn't hit him.

Patman I know what Tony the tiger looks like :)

Top Bottom