Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by WWR
To them, hitting a pedestrian is basically pure evil, to be followed closely by bicyclists and motorcyclists. If you are driving any type of larger vehicle, you can pretty much bet that that insurance companies and police will be coming after you for the fault of the accident. It is purely amazing how this forces larger vehicle drivers to be more alert and attentive behind the wheel. After all, the larger the vehicle, the larger the deadly heap of metal you are responsible for controlling.

WWR; that is amazing. It just doesn't work that way around here. The attitude here seems to be "Get out of my way; I am bigger than you!"

I see you are an MSF instructor. Do you instruct in Japan?

Perhaps you may have an insight as to whether the attitude is cultural, sort of "sanctity of life" stuff (that we may be missing in the States), or does it stem from fear of punishment or other repercussions?

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by WWR
Someone needs to step in and save the idiots from themselves.

There's Lou's "slippery slope" once again!

Darwin is dead. . . . .Hmmmm . . . . That might make a good signature line!

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
Originally posted by WWR
Here in Tokyo, where there is a very high percentage of bikes, the motorcycle fatalities are some of the lowest in the world. Why? The first thing that comes to mind is the accountability factor. To them, hitting a pedestrian is basically pure evil, to be followed closely by bicyclists and motorcyclists. If you are driving any type of larger vehicle, you can pretty much bet that that insurance companies and police will be coming after you for the fault of the accident. It is purely amazing how this forces larger vehicle drivers to be more alert and attentive behind the wheel. After all, the larger the vehicle, the larger the deadly heap of metal you are responsible for controlling.

On the topic of helmets, I think the AMA needs to drop this one. As a street rider myself, I cant see how there is any benefit whatsoever to fighting against helmet laws. Riding without a helmet is pure stupidity and should not be allowed. Fighting against helmet laws is like protesting the bartender from cutting off the already wasted drunk at the end of the bar. Someone needs to step in and save the idiots from themselves. It is not a matter of freedom, it is a matter of life and death.

Well let's just ban all motorvehicle use and save everyone from themselves
!! Maby Your thinking incorrectly, think about your comparison. Dont even start on alcohal, They sale somthing legally that renders the mind usless
and then expect someone to make rash decisions. though it's a good way to make money.

Top Bottom