Moving bars forward & up = better handling

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Looped the bike a couple weeks ago, so when I had the bars off to straighten everything up at home, decided to flip the bar mounts around. Also rotated the bars (Tag X-5 Mini) forward just a bit. The total movement was maybe a total of an inch up and forward.

Had I only known before how much a difference that little change can make, I would have done it long ago. I felt much more comfortable right away. I expected the big change to be noticed in turning, but where I really noticed it was in stability over rocks & limbs. The bike didn't seem to do the KDX dance as much as before, and just seemed to track better.

Just thought I'd share that with the KDX room. If you haven't experimented with different bar positions, you should as it can be worth it.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Sounds like the ticket! I finally ditched my 91 (a great bike but limited to design) for a 95 200. I always felt cramped when standing up, like the bars were at my waist and didn't have much control. Now this opens up a whole new can of worms for me. Then someone came out with these... http://www.numidiaairport.com/bikeparts/risers.html
Thinking about getting some... looks like the other set would work with older models too!

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
It doesn't really affect handling it changes how the bike fits. If it fits better it usually changes the way the bike feels.

Steve

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom