MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Well I just picked this up in march, Ive done a few things to it so far which I will mention later. Over winter I will be getting; a pre efi rear fender and bobbing it short, licks springer seat and tucking the computer under some how, cutting the front fender shorter and lowering it to the tire, raising the tank and hiding the wiring in the tunnel, mounting a small bullet tri bar headlight on the lower triple tree, and lastly paint which im keeping some what a secret.

Any ways, thus far its a mostly stock 2007 883L with a few small mods. It has forward controls, with HD pegs. "Sportster" hand grips and timing cover. The ham can is cleaned up and I like the way it looks honestly . Not on the bike is an HD tank bra. On the down tubes I have a small HD tool bag that comes in handy and was only $15 at the dealer! HD mini speedo with chrome mount. Vance and Hines short shots which sound awesome on the 883, nice and snappy! Removed belt guards. Lay down license plate. Aftermarket short stalks for the rear turn signals, there for a softail but with a little grinding they fit perfect and look killer!

On to the pictures! (sorry for the novel hah)

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

My Biltwell Keystone bars up top, and my new candy black ACC helmet down low
DSC00139.jpg

Lastly heres my dads 2000 heritage springer with many tasteful mods. As well as our 55 chevy first series pick up.
DSC00060.jpg

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Thanks for the compliments guys! Any one interested in a YZ with a gernaded bottom end? hah

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
1982 YZ100 with TONS of new parts with very little time on them. It makes me sick how much money I spent getting everything solid only for the rod to let go. Im not sure if any one remembers all the posts I made about it; Hunting down the high idle problem (mind you in the mean time I also went from the front to the back replacing everything that needed to be). After the bike being laid up in my garage for 4 years or so I finally got it running like a raped ape, pulling the front wheel in any gear. Then after about an hour of trail ridding BOOM! Top end didn't even have but 5 hours on it, if that even. :bang:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
MONKEYMOUSE said:
My Biltwell Keystone bars up top,

I have to ask, what exactly is the point of bars like that? I see them all the time but for the life of me seeing the position they put the rider in I can't figure out why. Is it just a style thing, or is there some hidden function I'm just to dim to notice?

Either way, it's a cool bike. :cool:

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
Rich Rohrich said:
I have to ask, what exactly is the point of bars like that? I see them all the time but for the life of me seeing the position they put the rider in I can't figure out why. Is it just a style thing, or is there some hidden function I'm just to dim to notice?

Either way, it's a cool bike. :cool:

I believe that is similar to a rear sight on a handgun. It helps you hit that car center mass that just made a left turn in front of you :yikes:

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Hah you guys kill me. There mostly for looks. How ever the rise and pull back on those bars keeps you in about the stock riding position. Just leaned forward just a tad.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
MONKEYMOUSE said:
Hah you guys kill me. There mostly for looks. How ever the rise and pull back on those bars keeps you in about the stock riding position. Just leaned forward just a tad.

I was just curious. I've only ridden a couple of Sportsters but the one extended ride (about 210 miles) I had on a 1200 version on the Blue Ridge Parkway felt like the stock bars were way too high and had way way too much pullback, so I was just wondering about the trend towards that type of bar.

The one 883 I rode with a lower, flatter (think CR Lo Renthal) bar made the Sportster a ton more fun for me.
I guess the Peoria Winner wannabe in me dictates my comfort level.:whoa:

Either way it's tough to beat that look or that sound (OK, maybe my Ducati sounds better but... ;) ) Have fun with it!

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Yeah, the bars definitely put you in a much more aggressive ridding position and I feel give you better control. But thats just me trying to justify some cool bars hah.

Top Bottom