gtoclump

Jan 29, 2004
I'm moving to Dallas from Chicago due to a job change. I have a CR 125 and am looking for any good places to ride. I mostly ride MX practice. I bought the bike new in '03 and it's the first time back on a bike in about 4yrs. Anyone with info on riding in the Dallas area would be appreciated.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site and like they say on airplanes, let me be the first to welcome you to Dallas.

Check out the North Texas Smack Pack forum. There is a very active group of track rats that usually manage to get together every week or so somewhere. There are a number of tracks in the area.

Have you decided where you are going to live?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Not sure why this thread was moved?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I moved it because it is completely off the subject of the other forum.

gtoclump

Jan 29, 2004
Tony Eeds said:
Welcome to the site and like they say on airplanes, let me be the first to welcome you to Dallas.

Check out the North Texas Smack Pack forum. There is a very active group of track rats that usually manage to get together every week or so somewhere. There are a number of tracks in the area.

Have you decided where you are going to live?

I'm living in uptown with the yuppies but I did get a first floor place so I can roll the bike through the living room to the patio.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
That isn't too far from me. I live on the east side of White Rock Lake if you have a map.

I forgot to mention, check out the SX thread in the NTSP forum. The SX is the 17th of April and a bunch of us are getting together to tailgate and watch the boys ride. We ride somewhere the next day.

Oh, BTW - it is 42 degrees and sunny here. Average winter day. :thumb:

gtoclump

Jan 29, 2004
In looking at the map white rock lake is northeast of downtown Dallas but still in the city limits right. I was looking at my first house in that area, I heard its a nice neighborhood. As for the temp I think the high today was 3. There is no riding in Chicago in Jan.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Thump said:
GTO. Going to Nocona MX Sunday if you wanna go.

Thump, I don't think he is here yet!?!? :laugh:

gto: Thump loves to ride MX. FYI, Nocona is about 1 hour and 15 minutes from the metromess.

gtoclump said:
In looking at the map white rock lake is northeast of downtown Dallas but still in the city limits right. I was looking at my first house in that area, I heard its a nice neighborhood. As for the temp I think the high today was 3. There is no riding in Chicago in Jan.

White Rock is well inside the city limits. My house is about 9 miles / 20 minutes from downtown by city streets. There are a variety of houses in many different price ranges from the 80's on up to the million range within a 2 mile radius of my house.

When will you be moving?

Saw the answer in your profile. Drop me an email and I will send you my contact info. Mapquest will narrow down the description of the area I am referring to above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom