MTDR Spring Ride @ Loretta Lynn's

deagle

May 21, 2001
Only a few more days to pre-register for the Spring ride outside of Nashville. To save $10.00 get it postmarked by 3/28/02. If you haven't deceided yet then maybe we can help by answering any questions.
http://www.mtdr.net

deagle

May 21, 2001
Mikeb,
There is registration from 4:00pm to 8:00pm on Friday but the trails will not be open. We are only allowing riding after the attendance of a riders meeting each morning at 8:30am. Also we have not set up a crew to work the trails Friday afternoon. For safety reasons we have to have all our people at thier assigned work stations during open trail times. Tomthumb or 4banger can correct me if I'm wrong or shed more light on the subject. Thanks for your interest. See you there.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Glad to see that you're going to make it Mikeb. I'm assuming that you'll be bringing your pop-up camper. I'll look for it. I'm driving up with one other guy, and we should be there between 4-5 on friday afternoon. See ya there. I'm stoked about this ride. The KDX is in top shape!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I have questions. :confused:

Would a YZ250F (no bark busters) be a suitable mount for this ride? Should I bum my friend's XR250 instead? What kind of terrain? How many miles? Is parking available? Is alcohol allowed? Will Loretta be there?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
JP,

I have a pair of Bark busters that you can borrow. Do you remember Bobby? The short guy that went to the Bham AX with us? He and I are driving up together on Friday. We plan to leave by noon. He rides a stock YZ250F with bark busters. So, you should be fine. Well, actually, he has a white bros pipe, but that shouldn't make any difference. We're camping there, so bring your tent. Do you want to caravan up?

Lemming??? KDXFile??? you guys going to make this one? There's no SERA race that weekend.

Did you guys see this description of the ride?

Got an invite to preview(put up arrows on) the course for the MTDR/VSTA Loretta Lynn Spring Ride.
1)"Toto we aren't in Kansas any more".
2) "This can't be Loretta Lynn's"

Those 2 thoughts kept creeping in my mind as I rode the 21-mile long trail. Notice I said TRAIL. This ain't no typical GNCC-LL-highway-wide trail. This is REAL TRAIL. SINGLE TRACK. Hasn't been ruined by 4-wheelers and hopefully never will. Hopefully the GNCC guys will LEAVE IT ALONE! You guys hear that!
Real trail is at a premium at LL's now and Tom Stotler(our own Tomthumb) and gang, including XDB Moderator 4-Banger have done one bang-up job on the trails.

Helpful hints for the trails:
1) Be good at off-cambers.
2) Have soft-terrain tires and lower air pressure.
3) If you get tired, take the 'out trails'.
4) Hills aren't as bad as the trails I used, because Tom would go half-way up and then take the trail on a traverse across the hill(off-camber). This makes the hill-climbs easier, but also makes it less likely the GNCC will use the trails because 4-wheelers can't go across them without flipping over.

This will be:

THE BEST TRAIL RIDE EVER AT LORETTA LYNN'S, BAR NONE !! Well, there were a couple of good ISDE Qualifiers

Uhhh...Mikeb? Are you bringing your cooler? IF so, I know what will be in it. ;)

deagle

May 21, 2001
Julius,
I will refer you to our website at the end of this post. It will have all the specifics of the ride as well as the rules and registration procedures. The yzf should be great but barkbusters may help in certain areas. After you enter the website, click on the "Loretta's info." area and it should tell you everything you need. This is being held at Loretta Lynn's Ranch which is a combination of a few things. It includes woods, a motocross track, camping, food and a general store as well as bath-houses for the campers. The Ranch is not officially open until a week or two after our ride. We pretty much rented the place for this function. Loretta Lynn does do shows during the summer in an outdoor pavillion but nothing is scheduled for that weekend. Let me know if you need more info.
http://www.mtdr.net

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I checked out the website first. Very informative. Sounds like fun. I haven't ridden any single-track since Lemming took me to school at Clanton. I'm thinking an XR250 would be the ticket though.

Timr, are you guys riding both days? Are pit bikes allowed? Will there be any extracurricular activities planned? Where is the place. . .close to NashVegas?

I was just kidding about Loretta.

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
JP,

We are riding both days, leaving to come home on Sunday afternoon. Alcohol is permitted after the ride. I would guess that pit bikes are ok as long as you adhere to the 5mph rule. Will the RAZZ go that fast?

The location looks like it's about 90 miles west of Nashville on I-40.

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
I am glad to hear that you are coming to the ride. Dan is correct, there is no riding on Friday. Loretta’s officially opens April 1st. There is a small shopping area near her house that offers some options for family fun.

I would like to clarify a few of the rules

No Pit Riding - Speed Limit for bikes in the campground is 5 mph
Alcohol and riding don’t mix, so don’t do it. Offenders will NOT be tolerated. Alcohol is permitted after your ride is over as long as you drink and act responsibly.
The motocross track is strictly off-limits.
This is a bike only ride. No ATVs will be allowed

I look forward to seeing you at the ride.

tomthumb

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
JP,

Handguards are highly suggested. You could get by with the mx guards though(IE-acerbis mx guards like Pastrana uses).. The XR would be great for the trails also.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Sounds like it'll be fun. I'm definitely up for camping if the weather stays nice. If it gets cold or wet, I'm getting a frickin' room. I froze my tail off at MM Friday, and i wasn't happy about it. 25 degrees just ain't right.

If the trails are really tight/technical, I'm gonna leave the YZ at home. It's a handful in tight stuff, and I don't want to cut my new bars down, either. I'm shopping for a playbike, but if I don't find a suitable candidate for purchase, I can borrow one.

So is the Razz permitted, or is it ain't? I need clarification. I don't want to lug it up there if I can't use it. Either way, I promise to act like a responsible adult. Honest.

Handguards are a necessity for me if there are trees around. I'm magnetically drawn to them. :eek:

Tim, what time are you guys hitting the road? A caravan works for me. . I need drafting partners.

Dogboy

Jul 20, 2001
Is the campground going to be open for camping on Fri.??Also i will probably be by myself,I'm hopeing i want have to ride all by lonesome.Looking forward to some good trail,and good weather.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
JP, our plan is to be on the road by noon, or shortly there after. We're going to leave from Bobby's office. He's at Alabama power downtown.

Dogboy, you won't have to ride alone. Just look us up, and you're welcome to ride with us. Bobby and I will be in a red S-10 pickup with a 3 bike trailer. Bikes are YZ250F and/or YZ125 and my KDX 200. If Pleaser joins us, he'll be in a white pickup with a pink scooter in the back! :p

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
JP, I would leave it at home. The reason there is no pit riding is because the past has shown us that it cannot be monitored and policed properly. People will ride the bikes at high speeds through the campground, jump fire pits on xr50's, have wheelie contests on the roads, and generally be a nuisance to those who came to have a fun, safe time. By having no pit riding, we can control those who break the rule by taking their wristband and send them out the door. I like riding responsibly in the pit/campgraound area also, but it just can't be monitored and controlled properly. Just one of those things. Take care.

Dogboy,

Yes, you can camp friday and saturday nights. There will plenty of folks to hook up with and do a loop. Many of the riders I know I met at the vsta fall rides.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
I froze my tail off at MM Friday, and i wasn't happy about it. 25 degrees just ain't right.
*That's* what I found laying outside my trailer Saturday morning...JP's tail!
If the trails are really tight/technical, I'm gonna leave the YZ at home.
Oh, come now, Nancy, it should be fine!
Either way, I promise to act like a responsible adult. Honest.
Wouldn't it be great to have a webcam and see how many body parts he had crossed when he typed that?

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I would appreciate it if you would mail my tail back to me. My pants keep falling off. I don't even wanna KNOW what you've been doing with it all this time. :scream:

So you like watching guys on webcams? My ex brother-in-law can probably hook you up with some good sites. He's kinda swishy.

You're calling ME Nancy?

Attachments

• gomer.jpg
    gomer.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 208

Dogboy

Jul 20, 2001
Timr-
Thanks for the invite i will look you up.im driving a white 1990 cherokee and will have a 99 GasGas EC200(yellow)..will probably get there mid day on friday if the weather is good..

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Deagel, Thanks for the replies. I understand not wanting people to ride until after the riders meeting. I guess that means I will have more time Friday to "socialize"

Timr, JP .. I plan on being there around 4 pm Friday and will be in the old pop - up camper, White F150 with 2 KDX's.All you DRN'ers take a minute a look me up.

YUP the coller will be full of Silver Bullets.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Timr - Wendy & I will be coming (provided i get my bike back together this week-end). We can compare your 99' KDX200 to my 99' KDX200 (with the now EG ported & 225 bore & RB carb). :cool:

Julius Pleaser - Maybe i can bring my 77' Peugeot moped and we can do some serious racing with that RAZZ!! :moon:

Weather permitting we will either be in a blue F-150 or our RV.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Kelvin - You gotta get that bike back together. I want to try it out, and so does Mikeb. :cool: Wasn't Mikeb riding your bike when CDave was riding his bike on the last day of DW? We were riding together and pulling down the arrows on the HS course. Anyway, it'll be good to see you guys.

Mikeb - 2 KDXs??? You get a new one? You bringing someone with you? Is CDave flying in for this event too? ;) Or, is it just in case you break one on saturday. I'll be sure to put my chair close to your cooler!! :p Mike, we should be there about 4:00pm on friday too. I'm guessing that we'll go straight to sign up first...avoid the rush...and then we'll be setting up camp.
What are you cooking us for dinner? JK...we'll probably grill something on Fri night.

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
I also wanted to advise everyone again that this is a bike only ride. NO ATV's. Not on the trail or in the campgrounds. There is a big ATV ride the same weekend at Coal Creek.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by KelvinKDX
Julius Pleaser - Maybe i can bring my 77' Peugeot moped and we can do some serious racing with that RAZZ!! :moon:
You'd probably get the holeshot, but Peugeots rarely run for more than 30 consecutive seconds.

How about we leave 'em on their stands, crank 'em up, and twist the throttles WFO until one of them blows up?

Either way, you should be prepared for a 2.5 horsepower drubbing. :p

I'd get maximum points for style, too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom