JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm heading to Muenster Thursday and Saturday with a crew of all different skill levels. Come on out and enjoy some moist dirt (I hope).

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
We haven't been out in a LOOOOONG time. This weekend is a possibility, though. Depending on how some things work out. Should be a great week-end for it, though.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
We have plans to go Saturday....keeping an eye on the weather though. As long as it's not stormy or have an excessivly high chance of storms, we're going to check it out. Never been! Of course, I can say that about anywhere really....

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I may jump in with the Saturday group. I'd say I have intermediate experience.

I got my gear in last week so I'm all set :cool:

The only place I've been so far is Marshall Creek, so I'm quite anxious to get on a real trail.

Let me know when you guys plan on heading out. Maybe if there's someone nearby (I'm @ Western Center & 35W) we can convoy since I've never been out there.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Don't let the weather at home make up your mind about going to Muenster. It has its own weather pattern, and it can be pouring in Dallas and fine at Muenster. If you really want to ride, just drive out and see what it's like. Chances are it will be fine. Heck, even if it rains it's fun. Muenster is sandy and soaks up a lot of water. Proxy, Marshall Creek isn't a pimple on the butt of Muenster. You'll love it.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Proxy...we haven't decided yet what time we'll head out, but we'll be passing that area on the way. I'm off of Davis, about 5 miles north of Northeast Mall, and my buddies are in Bedford just south of 183 and Brown Trail, so they'll be picking me up and we'll go from my place. By Friday we'll know the details for sure. I'll PM you my contact info so we can keep in touch.

:ride: :)

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Joe Diver said:
I'm off of Davis, about 5 miles north of Northeast Mall

Sounds like you may be our neighbor, as we are also off of Davis/North Tarrant pkwy.

We really would like to make it up on Saturday as well, been way to long since Muenster. :ahhh:

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
I'm actually a couple miles south, at Davis and Hightower, just after Starnes. I do all my shopping at the Walmart, Target, and Walgreens at Davis/North Tarrant...those are my neighborhood stores! I haven't eaten at the new Chili's yet....

Sounds like we could be getting a good group together!

:ride: :ride: :)

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
JMD said:
It would be fun to all get together and sing some show tunes.

:think: Hmmm...I don't know any show tunes.... :think:

Oh Wait! :clue: One from South Park:

"There's something in my front pocket for you....."

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Yeah! It's looking like a great day!

So, since I've never been, what kinds of facilities/concessions should I expect there? Need to know how to pack the cooler, picnic basket, supplies...are there shady spots to setup or do I need to bring a canopy?

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Joe Diver said:
Yeah! It's looking like a great day!

So, since I've never been, what kinds of facilities/concessions should I expect there? Need to know how to pack the cooler, picnic basket, supplies...are there shady spots to setup or do I need to bring a canopy?

Facilities are few, pack what you want to chow on. Shade is a 'maybe' there is some, but don't count on it.

Pack lots in the cooler, make mine Bud Lite :cool:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i just might drag out the two wheeler and join yall. its been awhile. jim, is rick going?

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
We're going to pickup Jason (Proxy) on the way and caravan....we'll be passing through Denton...any and all are welcome to join the group for the drive up! I think we're planning on rolling out by 08:00 Saturday morning.....

PS - I'll have some Bud Lite in the cooler.....

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Gene, Rick might go; it's still uncertain at this point. But I'll be there with Mark, my daughter April, and my nephew. Hope to see you there. I have a pair of your gloves that you left in the trailer, by the way.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I may have one more person with me. A friend of a friend just recovered from a moderate street bike injury and he's ready to hit the dirt.

Does anyone else have 2-way radios? We use them a lot in a car club I'm in when we go on road trips. Not really necessary most of the time, but hey, they're fun.

Looks like no one else drinks Shiner. More for me! :)

Scott (Joe Diver), did you guys want to meet at my house or on the road? I'm about 1/2 mile down Western Center so I didn't know if you wanted to bother with lugging a trailer around the neighborhood. Either way is fine with me. I can just as easily meet you at a parking lot or something right off the freeway.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Yes, I have 2 ways and we too use them in my car club when we play on the backroads. Set to 5.5.

Shiner is my beer of choice and you can bet there will be plenty in my cooler...the Bud Lite was for someone else... :)

We're flexible on meeting up...it might be easiest if we meet on the shoulder of the service road, just north of Western Center and 35...it's big and wide before that long onramp sweep...I'll call you when we're heading out and start trying the radio at 820/35....and we'll exit Western Center to pick you up....

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
When you get there, ask Rebecca (the owner) where Daryll or Ugly Jim (big white man, in a big white van) is parking. It will probably be in the second gate, down in the field to the right, just past the outhouse (this makes sense once you get there)

We would convoy up with you, but I will have my Daughter with us also, and it's kind of hard to get her going in the AM. :fft:

I am SOOOO ready to ride :ride:

(if you see us en-route, we will be in a late model F350, small XR in the bed, pulling 2 KTMs.)

And I have been known to twist a Shiner top also :nod:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I have radios, but never use them at Muenster. If anybody gets lost, we just leave them for the buzzards. Sometimes we find their bleached bones on a later trip. You want to watch out for skulls on the trail; if it comes from somebody with a big melon, like Grady, a thing like that can endo you pretty quickly if you run over it.

Top Bottom