KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I arrived home from work tonight to see a package on the table. Assuming it was a Christmas present I or my wife had ordered, I glance at it to see if it might be one I had better open away from the eager eyes of my wife and kids (would not want to spoil their Christmas by letting them see it!).

I look at the return address - Apple Computer in CA. Hmmm.."Sheila, did you order something from Apple?" "No - did you?" "No - that's odd - we dont even own an Apple. I wonder what it is".

I tear open the package and see the back of a hardbound burgundy colored book - nice looking cover. I wonder if it is some sort of goofy promotional item - but seeing the quality of the cover I cant imagine that - rather expensive marketing if it is!. I turn the book over and it all becomes much clearer - on the front cover is a picture of my son and I taken during the trophy time for the Harescrambles at our fall get together here at Camp Chaos.

I flip the book open and see a beautifully written introduction by our buddy Mweissen. Going deeper into the book I see amazingly brillant and crisp photos - there is my son Mitch doing the scoring, there is Woodsy and Aaron fixing Inca's front wheel, Doug and Al - father and son with huge grins on their faces - Ted's big smile, Smit Dog getting his "fouled plug" award, 2Big following along behind Inca on the trails, Commrade Mikhail getting his first taste of us nut cases here on MTR, Pinecone tackling a jump, CR250 and his son, 3KDX grinning ...just chock full of all these amazing pictures!

I am not talking your "Joe Average" photo collage type thing I do on my computer here at home - I am talking about what appears to be a well done, professional, for real BOOK!

Mark - you really shouldn't have! This sure is a testament to the thoughtful kind of person you are! Merry Christmas and Thank You! You are the BEST! :cool:

(hope you dont mind me sharing this publically - but I just had to!)

(I see a bunch of autographs I need to gather over the course of 06!)

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
That is soooo WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY cool!! I cannot wait to see it with my own peepers!! Knowing Mark - I can only imagine how absoulutly beautiful it is Mike!
By the way, congratulations to you and your family! That Santa with the new liver couldnt have picked a more deserving family to remember this Christmas season!!!
Now get that hand better so we can all go and make more mems!!
Woodsy :ride:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Hey, you're hospitality built some GREAT memories for all of us that came that weekend. It's my way of saying thanks!

Cool idea on gettting autographs. I wish I would've thought of that, but you know, it's better that YOU have to collect them. That way you've got to ride with all of the people that were up there next year.

I hope you enjoy it, and Merry Christmas!

PS: Now you know why I was asking for everyone's photo's! ;)

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Mike - What luck one has in life is of their own doing and the respect you receive is earned. You and you family have to be tops in any category. I can picture what the book looks like and knowing Mark, it has to be first class. The memories of Camp Chaos will go on forever.

Young Ted

Last edited:

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Good memories for sure

Mike,
Just reading that made me sit here and re-live that weekend like it was yesterday. It sure was fun. Can't wait to see the book. Can't wait until NEXT year either!

Hope the hand is healing. And to all my new friends........
Happy Holidays.......................Hope to see you all next year.

Mike

dparker

Aug 31, 2004
Ditto

Mike

I have to say ditto to Mike's comment. Reading his post made me relive that great weekend. Have a great Holiday to everyone.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom